Open letter to the judges

Rozovian

If I submitted something today and it was eventually passed by the panel, it still wouldn't be posted until 2010, judging from the submission dates of some of the non-resubs in the tbp queue. I'd put more or equal blame for that on djp though. I wonder if he'll ever step down from doing a writeup for every posted mix.

You try managing the biggest video game arrangement site on the internet in your free-time without getting paid with a selected few maintaining quality control without getting paid in THEIR free-time. Not the easiest thing, I'm sure.

I thought that had been the policy since at least sometime in 2005.

We took that policy out of effect when we decided to not vote at all but this seems like a good time to bring it back.

I didn't say it was easy. I was just wondering whether he'll ever have enough of it. If I had something that demanded this much of my time and that this many people depended on me doing well I'd probably crumble completely under the pressure on myself I'd build up. And it's not like his workload is going to decrease anytime soon either.

At some point, he decided he wasn't going to be able to evaulate all of the songs on his own, and so he created the judges panel and he saw that it was good. Delegating the writeups as well would probably feel like a huge failure for him, as would letting someone else do most of the coding of the website. I'm just wondering how long he'll be able to do it on his own.

I didn't say it was easy. I was just wondering whether he'll ever have enough of it. If I had something that demanded this much of my time and that this many people depended on me doing well I'd probably build up so much pressure on myself I'd do nothing at all.

Yeah, in fact, OCR will close down June 2009. It's been a good run. :nicework:

I don't think anyone realizes how much Dave is working on OCR in the background. That he still wants to write a write-up is obvious, it's basically his only communication with the site members and privelege as the creator. So, my point being: he can't post new mixes every day (even though he'd want to) to keep OCR alive and progressing because he's busy keeping OCR alive and progressing.

I didn't say it was easy. I was just wondering whether he'll ever have enough of it. If I had something that demanded this much of my time and that this many people depended on me doing well I'd probably crumble completely under the pressure on myself I'd build up. And it's not like his workload is going to decrease anytime soon either.

At some point, he decided he wasn't going to be able to evaulate all of the songs on his own, and so he created the judges panel and he saw that it was good. Delegating the writeups as well would probably feel like a huge failure for him, as would letting someone else do most of the coding of the website. I'm just wondering how long he'll be able to do it on his own.

I think that if (hopefully when) he delegates the write-ups to other people, he could still maintain a connection to the community by having a site/development blog that he can just update at his leisure. It'd let him keep everyone apprised of any progress (in as much detail as he wants) without the additional pressure of meeting a weekly posting quota.

I think that if (hopefully when) he delegates the write-ups to other people, he could still maintain a connection to the community by having a site/development blog that he can just update at his leisure. It'd let him keep everyone apprised of any progress (in as much detail as he wants) without the additional pressure of meeting a weekly posting quota.

That's what I suggested in another thread...only response was a punch in the throat T-T

Yeah, I'm kind of against that, seeing as getting a write-up from DJP himself is supposed to be one of the perks of getting posted. I really don't care anymore how much longer it'll take to get my songs posted, I just don't want an out-sourced write-up for it :P

Also holy shit, how whiny are you, hoboka? How you can interpret DSes response as a 'punch in the throat' is beyond me.