OCR01064 - Final Fantasy IX "You Are Not Confined"

djpretzel

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The original track is the only music in a game combined with the events happening at the same time that actually summoned tears to my face. That part is just so sad =( This remix gives it a bit of an uplift and it isnt as depressing because it has more loudness to it. I just love it. =) 99%

Great! This is one of the best songs from all the final fantasy series, and you captured the essence of this song (not overdoing it) by just adding a sologuitar. And the beats aren't uptight, they sound really cool. Keep it up.

N.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
This is going to sound like a trivial complaint, but one of the notes in the first part is wrong. Happens at about 0:33, and again at 1:01. Listen to the original, then listen to this. Woops. It doesn't sound to me like an intentional change; I think Sonicade just put in the wrong note.

It sounds very intentional to me. Not good, but intentional. He's playing the "right" notes more quietly in a different instrument at the same time, so I'm pretty sure the louder ("wrong") notes are supposed to be some sort of harmony. I don't think it works, but that's just one person's opinion.

Edit: I just realized that Temporal's comment was more than a year old. Oh well.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I was going through my "temporary mp3" folder tonight with the intentions of deleting and organizing files because, like my room, it's a mess. When I was judging remix submissions, I'd forget to delete the tracks after voting on them, so that made up a good deal of it too.

ANYway, I stumbled upon this track while weeding out the crap, and was pleasantly surprised. It's very unassuming, and sticks pretty much exclusively to the original, but I couldn't help thinking that I had no idea what I would do to make it better, because it seems perfect as it is. It's one of those songs that gives me chills.

Noice work!

I was going through my "temporary mp3" folder tonight with the intentions of deleting and organizing files because, like my room, it's a mess. When I was judging remix submissions, I'd forget to delete the tracks after voting on them, so that made up a good deal of it too.

ANYway, I stumbled upon this track while weeding out the crap, and was pleasantly surprised. It's very unassuming, and sticks pretty much exclusively to the original, but I couldn't help thinking that I had no idea what I would do to make it better, because it seems perfect as it is. It's one of those songs that gives me chills.

Noice work!

I know this is off topic but...Disco Dan I LOVE your remix "Heat Man Rapid Fire" And yes this song kicks some serious arse :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Noice work!

I'm honored to receive a compliment like this from you Disco Dan. I'm a big fan of your Green Amnesia remix, it's incredible.

Best Regards,

Sonicade

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The guitar work recieves star-billing in this, and rightly so. It's brilliantly performed and emotionally strong enough to carry the weight of the other elements that let it down. I didn't really click with the other instrument choices, things dropped out of harmony noticeably and I was also searching frantically for some expansion on the original theme. These issues, as well as a small grievance at the length, disappointed.

But, as I said, the guitar lends it a lot of impact and covers a lot of the holes for as long as it sticks around. At these times, the mix is a real winner. But realistically, this is a flawed mix with some very clear signs of promise for improvement.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
I always thought the source track for this one was really cheesy, but the more subdued arrangement to this track made the melody a lot more palatable to me. Nice beats and synths, nice guitar, and a very tasteful way to represent the theme.

Unassuming, but it has a lot of charm. :-)

Wow, OA, you nailed it. This is a wonderful take on the material - true to its source, only softer and easier, an enjoyable listen. Not in your face, but lots of charm.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01064 - Final Fantasy IX "You Are Not Confined"