OCR01820 - Super Metroid "In Your Prime"

djpretzel

Not a fan of the breath sounds, and it takes a while for me to get into this track. It starts off with something of a strangely newby vibe that's made me skip past this track quite a few times since I got VARIAtions, but it's just as great to discover this so much later. Still not a match for my tastes until it gets to the 1:42 mark.

I do love how the Prime track is fitted into this, and once the track finally picks up, it's all great. Can't decide which ear to listen to at 4:20, there's great stuff all over. For something this long, it's amazingly varied and for most part really interesting to listen to. Also, the tape stop is, as Harmony already said, perfectly placed. :D

You took about eight measures and made a pretty amazingly entertaining six minutes out of them. Those fast arpeggiated thumps made this remix for me. Ver' ver' nice. And I love the term maximalist. I'll invoke that one when I submit. I actually haven't downloaded a YES mix for a while, but this one I will. :-P

I didn't know you could vary this song in so many ways... it's amazing.

I really, really like the link to Norfair in there at 2:52 (and the double-time of that at 3:41), it was perfect.

I hear that this track is one of the really overmixed tracks on this site, and I'm personally against having so many mixes of the same damn track... unless the latest mix of it is the single best rendition of it on the site.

This is the single best rendition of this song on this site. Thank you far making this.

Jimmy. This is just great. I don't even know where to start.

First of all, the LAYERS. I love that as the song builds there are so many different things going on at once. They all fit nicely to getter, and it add quite a bit to the re-listenabilty of the song. I particularly loved the way the voices and the square(?) wave lead went together towards the end.

Also, I loved the energy and the overall atmospheric-ness of the piece. The drums start out with a pretty cool groove that winds up being danceable, but also rather intense and exciting as well.

Your choice of instrument sounds really captured the feel of Super Metroid beautifully, but also had some unique quality (I can't put my finger on it) that made the song it's own beast. The breathing was the final icing on the cake that made this whole thing awesome. Superb remix.

BGC, did you happen to play Aquaria? This song really reminded me of Aquaria (which is funny because most people compare Aquaria to an underwater Metroid), especially the breathing. It was like Naija was underneath the suit instead of Samus. The choir oohs and aahs add to that feeling along with the instrument choice (which is prime) I loved this song, and it made me want to play both Metroid and Aquaria over again.

I am looking forward to your next release to be sure.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01820 - Super Metroid "In Your Prime"