Quantum Leap Colussus in FL studio

When I load one instance of this via NI. It will play 1 instrument just fine and it sounds great. As soon as I add another instance of Colussus to play as a second instrument they won't play together. Anytime the instruments play together I get massive glitching and hissing noises. As if the memory can't read them both at the same time.

I've tried many many different settings with no luck. At one point a year ago or so I was able to play as many instances as I wanted but I don't know what I did to change that. Please I get so frustrated I don't feel like learning a new program so I just give up and have stopped writing music for a while now :(

• 1 month later...

I don't know about the plugin you use, but this may be because your buffer length setting is set too low. From the menu in FL, click options->audio settings. On the window that will appear you may see "Input/output" (I don't know what version of FL you are using) and beneath that, a dropdown which should list all drivers available. If you see something with ASIO in the list, it is best if you select that. If you select ASIO, a big button labelled "Show ASIO Panel" should appear on the window. Click it and find the control for buffer length in the new window that will appear. Increase it until you are satisfied with the quality of the audio. In case you don't have any ASIO driver installed or there is no improvement, you can still select your default driver "Primary Sound Driver" from the dropdown list and likewise increase the buffer length.

Hope this helps.

A few things;

1. You shouldn't be creating multiple instances for multiple instruments. You should be loading multiple instruments within Colossus and using MIDI Out channels to control them.

2. There are issues with Kompakt/Kontakt and multicore processing. Try disabling multicore processing (within FL) if you do end up using multiple instances.

• 2 months later...
A few things;

1. You shouldn't be creating multiple instances for multiple instruments. You should be loading multiple instruments within Colossus and using MIDI Out channels to control them.

2. There are issues with Kompakt/Kontakt and multicore processing. Try disabling multicore processing (within FL) if you do end up using multiple instances.

Thanks! I guess I always had issues with opening another instrument within the Kompakt player. My keyboard wouldn't play under another instrument within the same plugin. So i'd open another instance.

Currently though (i've done nothing different) i'm able to use many collusus instances without the glitching. Go figure!

Nice to see you Zircon

• 4 weeks later...

I've been using Colossus for a while but never knew this was possible. I also have no idea how to utilize a MIDI Out channel. How does one do this? I'm fuddling around with it and can't seem to figure out how for the life of me.

I've been using Colossus for a while but never knew this was possible. I also have no idea how to utilize a MIDI Out channel. How does one do this? I'm fuddling around with it and can't seem to figure out how for the life of me.

set the port (upper right) for Colossus to 1 for instance, then for each MIDI Out also set the port to 1 and also set the channel for the MIDI out to the corresponding channel in Colossus for the instrument you want it to be. Same thing can be done for other VSTi like Edirol Orchestral, but not all VSTi can load multiple instruments

FLmidiout.jpg