The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

BardicKnowledge

I noticed they brought in the touch screen boomerang again. Incidentally enough, the only Zelda game boomerang that I have liked is the one in A Link to the Past. I certainly hope you get the bow in this one.

Additionally, I think that the cell shaded style is best for the DS, because it offers a good looking 3D engine for a system with low resolution, and a relatively weak processor.

Also, Link on a train seems pretty cool, as long as it isn't hyper-gimmicky (though with what Nintendo has been putting out recently, I get the creeping feeling that I should be bracing myself for disappointment).

Ho, hum, I'm still a Zelda fanboy, and will follow the franchise to it's prospective grave no matter what they do with it.

Cel-shaded Link didn't fucking bodyslam a ram in the first few minutes of the game.

Prefer older link as well.

No, but at least in WW, Link was the one to give the finishing blow to Ganon. There was a lot of violence in WW that would probably not have worked in a more realistic style, including the last hit given in the final battle...

Well, they had boats with engines in Phantom Hourglass, walking Mech cannons in Twilight Princess, and ... stone and wooden rails were used 1-2 thousand years ago with human and animal power pushing it, it's not that big of stretch for Nintendo to have engines adapted to land vehicles at this point...

... would be kind of cool if Nintendo was gearing up a gentle transition in time period to the series. I mean, I know it ain't happening because Nintendo refuses to solidify a real story with Zelda, but hey, at least the setting feels a little fresher than usual.

While I loved the sailing portions of Phantom Hourglass, many people I talked to said it was pretty much like being on rails, I can understand... but... haha... this new vehicle doesn't help that criticism... at all. lol.

Anyway, good times. I might pick it up. Phantom Hourglass was fun, but I don't know if it's worth my money on day 1. I'll think about it.

What's wrong with Cel Shaded Zelda? I think it was the best idea Nintendo had. Not only that, The Wind Waker had such a fresh new feel. And a good story to boot.

Not every game has to look realistic. Not to mention that it if was like that on the DS, it wouldn't be that good.

I'd actually prefer to have a Cel Shaded Zelda on console again.

Thank you, anymore ownage tonight?

I think I'm one of the few that agrees with you 100%. Wind Waker had so much more charm and personality than Ocarina or even TP. The more realistic Zelda games look good, but to me invariably end up looking like pretty much every other pseudo-realistic fantasy game out there. Yaaaaawn...

After the last couple years of games, I'm becoming convinced that Nintendo needs fresh people to come up with game ideas. This Zelda kinda feels like "We need to make more use of the game engine we made for PH."

The new Punchout looks like fun, but that's it. I'm still dumbfounded at the idea and presentation of that new rock climbing game as well.

I think I'm one of the few that agrees with you 100%. Wind Waker had so much more charm and personality than Ocarina or even TP. The more realistic Zelda games look good, but to me invariably end up looking like pretty much every other pseudo-realistic fantasy game out there. Yaaaaawn...

I'm down with you on this too. I loved the way that Wind Waker looked and felt. Contrary to what Flagship Amadeus is saying, I'd love to see a Majora's Mask sort of game with Wind Waker sort of graphics.

That said, I don't have a DS, so I can't play this new Train-Zelda thing. D'oh.

Cel-shaded Link didn't fucking bodyslam a ram in the first few minutes of the game.

Prefer older link as well.

No, instead he fucking does the most EPIC *and im not using the word like every other person, it actually was EPIC* finish to Ganon in Zelda history.

People don't give ww link credit.

OH HUR TP LINK CAN PUSH AWAY A BULL.

Oh yea,

*4:40-5:00*

You guys are so blah sometimes, seriously.

Anyway, I am very excited about this new ds one. Can't wait to see how this one turns out.

Bongo Bill totally called it a month and a half ago
Zelda with a train. I have been saying this for years, and nobody has ever contradicted me: a Zelda game with a train in it.

I haven't bought a DS game since Megaman ZX, but I'm totally going to buy the shit out of this

This.

This has the potential to be spectacular.

This.

This has the potential to be spectacular.

If you look in the trailer, you can see Hyrule Castle coming around the hills.

For some reason, I just love that. Seeing something small as I get closer to it, finally realizing how big it really is.

Thanks for the agreement McVaffe.

For some reason, I get more interested every time I watch the trailer. My first reaction was somewhat "meh," but now I'm starting to really look forward to it.

And now I'm randomly wondering what kind of warping system they'll use. A train flying around in a tornado would be hilarious.

For some reason, I just love that. Seeing something small as I get closer to it, finally realizing how big it really is.

I'm with you there. Even just the mountains in the background. Aaahhh. Mountains.

And you just reminded me of snowboarding towards the distant Snowpeak Ruins in TP. That was quite possibly my favorite moment in the game. Seeing it so small and distant and then getting all excited as it got closer.

If you look in the trailer, you can see Hyrule Castle coming around the hills. For some reason, I just love that. Seeing something small as I get closer to it, finally realizing how big it really is.

Yeah, I like that feeling too. I remember it most vividly from Ocarina of Time, the first time you see a castle in the horizon. :)

You play as a dude dressed in green with a floppy hat.

They're all cutesy.

For the most part, although I think you'd be pretty hard-pressed to find much of anything cute in Zelda II. Except maybe some of the artwork in the manual, but even that's not really so much cute as it is standard late 80s anime-esque.

Now some of the artwork from the original Zelda is pretty darned cute, and I think it would be kind of neat to see them do another big cel-shaded game, but with that art-style rather than another with WW football head.

So... instead of Steam punk we have Steam fantasy?

It's

. And quite well, I might add. (Well, okay, the third one was a bit wonky.)