Jewbei- Green Hill Zone Club Mix

Jewbei

hey wassup guys? its been a while im working on my next sub to ocr which is a green hill zone mix ..well another version, my old version got destroyed the flp file got corrupted. but yeah im giving it another go but i really need some feeback on this i have the right ideas going at the moment but i dont really know how to implement them any crit is welcome is rather short for now but i will keep uploading new versions as i work on it more. thanks for your time.

UPDATE 9/7/09:

stats.png

whew ive been working hard on this to get it where i want it to be so enjoy its a lil longer than the older versions. will update by the end of the week.

I like it so far. Its got a good intro, per se, and the lead in to the chorus (as i called the main theme).

The drums have a nice beat too them. Its very fluid with the song. The background synth sounds nice and adds that club/electronic sound that you were obviously going for. The lead synth fits in very nice as well

When it gets to the 'chorus', as i call it, everything comes together perfectly. Even the bass is nice and has a full sound to it. I think where this version ends, maybe a nice breakdown with just the bass drum kicking and the bass going and then fading in some synth strings or such. I'm more of a rock/metal remixer, but i've heard a lot of club/techno remixes to know when it sounds good. :)

I don't really have any complaints so far, other than length, which i know your working on.

Very nice. I would disagree about the intro, however. It seems like you only need about half of the material before 0:35, where there is a distinct change in the song. Most of the patterns before that are repeated twice, with little variation. Maybe give them only one run each or blend them together? Or start with the slide-in synth at 0:13? The "slide-in" effect occurs a few times, making the opening sound more repetetive than it actually is.

That's my two cents' worth, anyway.

The "chorus" is great. I would suggest adding some emphasis to the melody to bring it to the forefront. I look forward to hearing more.

Not at all because there's that minute or so build up to main theme. And each instruments comes in at the right time towards the main theme as well.

It also gives a vibe that says works well in a cyberpunk mood. That's a compliment, because it means that the beats are fast and the song can be truly seen as electronic. add some more time not to the intro but to the rest of the song I want to hear it gear on up to the breakdown.

Oo, I really like what you did with the melody with this update. Can't wait to see what comes next.

Me too! I really like the update. I wish i could remixes in this style. I've tried, but i just don't get how to layer the instruments to get that techno/electronic sound to it! lol Guess i'll just stick with metal for now! :)

Me too! I really like the update. I wish i could remixes in this style. I've tried, but i just don't get how to layer the instruments to get that techno/electronic sound to it! lol Guess i'll just stick with metal for now! :)

well do what i do i listen o alot of trance music to get ideas and then jus translate it inot your own style :)

I like the first part of the song alot, but I think when the main chorus kicks in, it should be... fluffier? Lighter? It seems a little hollow compared to the warmth of the intro. The background music takes over that hook, which should (IMHO) be the strongest part of the song, as it's probably the most memorable.

Anyways, I like the start!

I like the first part of the song alot, but I think when the main chorus kicks in, it should be... fluffier? Lighter? It seems a little hollow compared to the warmth of the intro. The background music takes over that hook, which should (IMHO) be the strongest part of the song, as it's probably the most memorable.

Anyways, I like the start!

hmm hollow eh? can you be more specific like where or when does it sounds hollow at? if you mean the main lead im going to change it.

Very nice so far.

I can't say anything about the structure until you get more done, really, so I'll wait before I give any critique on that.

One thing that bothers me, though, is that while this is a good mix, it isn't great just yet. Again, I've got to wait until your finished laying it out, but it does need something to push it out of obscurity. It needs more personality behind it.

I'll be keeping an ear on this one, though!

• 4 months later...