OC ReMix music played at Google's GDC afterparty

BogusRed

Hello OCRemix community.

I just wanted to let you know about a bit of exposure that OC Remix got recently. Google hosted a small Game Developer's Conference after-party yesterday to celebrate the launch of their video game iGoogle themes. Most of the music played during the event was OC Remix music and, while I wasn't there to witness it first hand, I heard from Googlers who attended that the music was very well received. Everyone enjoyed hearing a different spin on familiar tunes from their favorite video games. I even heard some people started to dance when a Zelda remix started to play.

I'm just glad I got the opportunity to introduce the organizers of the event to OC Remix because they had no idea what music to play. They were all like, "hmmm. what kind of music to gamers like? house? techno?" and I was like... "OC REMIX BABY!!!!"

+1 to all the remixers! Your music was well received!

-BogusRed

Hello OCRemix community.

I just wanted to let you know about a bit of exposure that OC Remix got recently. Google hosted a small Game Developer's Conference after-party yesterday to celebrate the launch of their video game iGoogle themes. Most of the music played during the event was OC Remix music and, while I wasn't there to witness it first hand, I heard from Googlers who attended that the music was very well received. Everyone enjoyed hearing a different spin on familiar tunes from their favorite video games. I even heard some people started to dance when a Zelda remix started to play.

I'm just glad I got the opportunity to introduce the organizers of the event to OC Remix because they had no idea what music to play. They were all like, "hmmm. what kind of music to gamers like? house? techno?" and I was like... "OC REMIX BABY!!!!"

+1 to all the remixers! Your music was well received!

-BogusRed

Awesome; wish I was a fly on the wall! Thanks for lining that up, Susie! Hell if anyone at Google has requests, I'm pretty sure folks here would hop to it. Gimme some more backstory on how you got us in there when you have a chance; I'm always interested.

I gave you some Twitter pimpage: http://twitter.com/ocremix/status/1398497237!

Thanks for the Twitter pimpage, Liontamer!

A little back story... I was working with the project manager on creating some promo graphics related to the iGoogle game themes. The PM was asking his event staff what they wanted to do for music at the event. They weren't sure what to do so they added me to the email thread since I was into games. At that point they had no idea I was a Remixer or into VG music. I became extremely excited and told them all about OCR. I basically gave them a copy of a bunch of OCR music I had on my hard drive and they created a playlist from it.

I never thought my passion and knowledge of video game music would come in handy at Google! I'm so glad I got added to that email thread.

It's kind of neat where you'll hear OCR music played nowadays.

I heard a few OCR songs played in the Nintendo Store in NYC actually, and asked the salespeople what song it was. While the person didn't know what the song was he directed me to OCR.

Nice to know where the community pops up!

Supposedly they play music from OCR all the time - I remember when a bunch of us from a December NYC meetup went there ('06?), we heard several OC ReMixes there.

I lol'd

Also, good work with getting OCR to some public ears :)

I'm thinking about burning a few cd's with best of-mixes and dropping them off at some local gamestores just because I can. Everyone should do this!

Ah yes! At one point, I went to the GameStop at the Baltimore harbor and I heard some music that sounded familiar. They were playing tracks from Voices of the Lifestream! I asked to speak with the manager, whom I then asked about the music. He said "Oh it's this great stuff from OverClocked Remix!" (or something to that effect). Then I told him that I actually directed VotL and that pixietricks was my girlfriend (she was with me at the time). Really cool guy :)