PRC143 - Let's remix some music data (Dare to Dream 1/2)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 143

PRCv6-13

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

PRC142 started slow, but at the end four remixers where able to submit a song in time. OneUp also thought he was going to do that, but he was one day too late and he couldn't participate. He still submitted his Bonus Mix. Binweasel and Ghetto Lee Lewis where very close, at the beginning Ghetto Lee Lewis received the most points, but at the end, Binweasel wins with three points diiference. DjMokram claimed third place and Setokaibarocket ended with a last place wooden spoon.

Binweasel wins his second PRC and he won the right to select the new source. First he planned to remix Kirby Superstar Revenge of Metaknight Ending, but since that source was also remixed in PRC73, check http://doulifee.com/prc/PrcSong/prc.php?prcid=73 for the songs, it couldn't fit. I asked Binweasel to pick again and he responded very quick. PRC143 can start and Binweasel selected a PC game which is very unknown.

PRC143.jpg

Dare to Dream 1/2 (PC) - Music Data 3

MIDI

ThaSauce link

I never heard from the game, which means I never played it. Looking at the internet didn't work as well, only a few cheat sites. The information which is given on the sites is very small. It was even hard to find a picture, at the end a picture from Ebay was the best.

The game is very unknown (which means PRC worthy for sure). It doesn't have a PRC / OCR history.

The beginning of the MID file reminds me of a well known tune, but the rest is unkown for me as well. Still, it sounds very interesting.

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by SUNDAY April 5th at 5:00 am ThaSauce time (Check my signature (below) and the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. .
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part (however, he's free to submit a Bonus Mix) but his vote will be doubled.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

I've never done one of these before (yet have wanted to for some time, just haven't had the time), and this looks like a good place to start :)

Hopefully I'll be seeing you soon with my mix!

Edit: Nevermind, I haven't had sound come out of my workstation for a week. Mark my words, when I get a new computer I'm gonna post up here in celebration.

Here's the voting stage

Again four entries appeared. Chavous and DjMokram submitted very fast, Prophecy and Ghetto Lee Lewis entered in the last phase of the remixing stage.

Participants are encouraged to vote, they receive a three point bonus. They can't vote for themselve. The winner from the last round, Binweasel, has a double vote.

The mixing stage is over. To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

You have until NEXT WEDNESDAY, April 8th at 4:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner will get to choose the source tune for PRC144!

The songs:

Chavous - Somky Entrophy

DjMokram - Yume O Mite

Prophecy - Nerd Girl Dreams

Ghetto Lee Lewis - Nighty Night Sucka

Bonus Track:

Setokaibarocket - Chill Out

Damn damn damn, lol! Time for me to get into my sad story of misery and misfortune, hehe.

So I'm at an internet kiosk at my local shopping centre on Saturday to upload my mix. I post indicating that I'm uploading my mix, and then go to actually upload it. However, Thasauce apparently didn't like the file, and said that perhaps it wasn't an MP3 file (it was though, so maybe format error of some sort with my mix?). Tried again, still nothing. So I go to rapidshare to upload the mix, which i would post the link here with an explanatory note. It's 50% uploaded when poof, my time is up and the kiosk logged out, and I had no more spare change.

So anyways, this was the mix I was going to enter, lol:

http://rapidshare.de/files/46560788/setokaibarocket_-_Chill_Out_PRC143_.mp3.html

I rendered it as a wav, trimmed it up using Nero Wave Editor then converted it to MP3, so that prolly has something to do with why Thasauce wouldn't accept it =/

Damn damn damn, lol! Time for me to get into my sad story of misery and misfortune, hehe.

So I'm at an internet kiosk at my local shopping centre on Saturday to upload my mix. I post indicating that I'm uploading my mix, and then go to actually upload it. However, Thasauce apparently didn't like the file, and said that perhaps it wasn't an MP3 file (it was though, so maybe format error of some sort with my mix?). Tried again, still nothing. So I go to rapidshare to upload the mix, which i would post the link here with an explanatory note. It's 50% uploaded when poof, my time is up and the kiosk logged out, and I had no more spare change.

So anyways, this was the mix I was going to enter, lol:

http://rapidshare.de/files/46560788/setokaibarocket_-_Chill_Out_PRC143_.mp3.html

I rendered it as a wav, trimmed it up using Nero Wave Editor then converted it to MP3, so that prolly has something to do with why Thasauce wouldn't accept it =/

Hey, who's doing the vocals on this mix? Is that your voice? It's pretty smooth. Sucks about the internet kiosks. Although it's probably not up to the level of some of the entries this round (I won't mention names), but you certainly wouldn't get last place either. I would have liked to see a longer mix with livelier vocals. Nonetheless, nice work.

You ever thought about doing a collab, maybe on a future PRC? I think the two of us could combine our styles pretty well. I see from your profile that you use Fruity Loops. I hope you got version 8. Tell me what you think of my rap voice also either from the voting or after the voting is over. Let me know, kthx. =)

Hehe, thanks GLL =D but I forgot to mention, nah, it isn't me doing the vocals, eheh; they're from the song of the same name by 22Catch from www.looperman.com. Maybe when I get a half-decent mic I'll try something with my voice in it, at least some cheesy techno MCing, hahaha. Though personally I think my voice is rather sucky, so I may have to mess it up with a pitchshifter or something =p

Sure, a collab would be cool sometime, though the problem is I use version 6 =/ Plus my internet access can be quite unreliable, as you may have noticed, lol. But sometime after the end of this month I may get a home connection =D

You ever thought about doing a collab, maybe on a future PRC? I think the two of us could combine our styles pretty well. I see from your profile that you use Fruity Loops. I hope you got version 8. Tell me what you think of my rap voice also either from the voting or after the voting is over. Let me know, kthx. =)

Sounds very promising.

I'll try to upload your mix later (I hope I can try something what makes ThaSauce to accept it), it's too bad it couldn't enter. I like it.

It's results time.

Four songs again. Ghetto Lee Lewis and DjMokram tried to improve their last round result. With Prophecy and Chavous back in competition, it makes the round interesting.

Setokaibarocket also wanted to enter, his song is added as a bonus mix. I hope I can do the transfer trick again in the next round.

Eleven voters this time, even more as last round and a vote/participate rate from 2.75. Again, all participants voted (even very quick). It makes the following result:

Total number of mixes - 4 (And 1 Bonus Track)

Total number of votes - 11

Highest possible score - 33

Setokaibarocket was too late to enter by circumstances, but it doesn't mean his song is not PRC worthy.

DjMokram wins the last place wooden spoon, he received 8 points for his song.

Chavous comes back with a nice song, his 18 points are enough to claim third place.

Ghetto Lee Lewis did a good song, appreciated by a lot of the voters, but again he ends at second place with 21 points.

And the winner is Prophecy with 31 points!

Congratulations Prophecy.

Prophecy comes back and wins with many points. He misses only two points, which means eight persons voted him first (and he receives 3 points vote bonus). It's his second PRC victory after the great collab with Rexy in PRC48 (He also ended third in PRc54 and fourth in the second round).

It means Prophecy wins the right to select the source tune for PRC144. Send it to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM before next Friday, 10 April at 11:59 am Eastern US Time.

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before.

PRC144 starts normal, but the voting stage will ends 16 hours earlier and PRC145 will already start on Thursday because I'm not able to acces the internet from Friday 24 - Sunday 26 april.

See you next Friday.