OCR01074 - *YES* Star Ocean 'Space Travel'

djpretzel

Hi DJP,

It's been more than 3 months since I sent something in, so it was about time I did. ^_^ This time it's not the typical new age mix I usually do, but a blend of a touch of synth, electronica with my usual new age/orchestral style. There's even some R&B, rock drums elements. I enjoy merging different genres to create a new kind of sound. Some people mentioned it reminds them somewhat of Panzer Dragoon or the feeling of flying or traveling in space, which was my intention. Mission accomplished. ^_^ I think this is my best mix to date. I hope you do too. ^_^

(4:38, 5.3 MB)

The original is track 13 of the spc file.

Title: Space Travel

Game: Star Ocean (SNES)

Composer: Motoi Sakuraba

Mixer: GrayLightning

Special thanks to Protricity, Vigilante, Israfel and Analoq for taking the time to help and comment with their sage-like advice.

- GrayLightning

**Edit- GL requested that the link to his mp3.com page be removed from his profile page, since mp3.com is shutting down

I don't think this is his best; it sticks to the original more than his other mixes do, and is the most repetitious to boot. I really like the use of a warbly synth as an anchor bass, and I dig the spastic drums. The electro-acoustic soundscape is standard GrayLightning, but is more of an addendum to the melody than a cohesive accompaniment.

The mix dies off far too quickly, which is my indicator of wanting to hear more of the good stuff. I'm honestly borderline. I shall enshrine this OCREMIX mostly due to the wonderful nuances of sound detail and stylistic transplant within the confines of this arrangement.

YES