A FFVII remix I brought back from 3 years ago...

BlackPanther

So like I had posted this a while back but I thought it was time to start workin on this again. Hopefully my other remix will be approved this time around so this one caught my interest again.

Anyways about the remix - It's a FFVII remix of Valley of the Fallen Star, not sure of the genre actually so if someone could tell me that would be great. Can't think of a name either if anyone has suggestion for names that would be tight. So I went through and changed some of the sounds, tried balancing the levels of the instruments a bit better and did some eq'ing. But yeah feedback is greatly appreciate please and thank you.

(Though you guys should know it already =P)

Cosmo Canyon Bebop(The original name I had but I remember someone saying somethin about it so I'm gonna change it)

Edit: A mild update. Hopefully you guys can tell that I brought some of the background instruments up a little bit so they can be heard better.

Well this is quite interesting. I'm finding a hard time picking things out of this mix to like or dislike. That's not to say the mix is bad, I like it quite a bit. However, something seems off and I'm not quite sure what it is at this point. The only real suggestion that I can make at this point is that, in my opinion, the source was sped up a little too much. This is really noticeable in the quiet, I believe 'flute', sections. Other than that, I really like the layering throughout the first minute and a bit, it delivers a real solid feel creating some good depth.

Not to sound like a douche or anything but could you elaborate more on what you told me because I'm kinda confused about what you said. One thing that I noticed after I had put this out there is that some elements are really quiet compared to the Drums, flute, and bass. Maybe I should work with the compressor more if that would help because I only used it on certain elements of the track like the drums. Thanks for the feedback man I would like to see more from other people ^_^.