What happened to the front page? (A1)

Monobrow

Not as good as EAMix. Never as good as EAMix.

Perhaps the most epic in the history of OCR A1 jokes.

Yeah, I was actually disappointed with this year. I get that it takes some planning and organization to pull this sort of thing off, but come on, EAMix was just god damn good. The letter from EA threatening to sue... icing on the cake.

Also, A1 banning for saying April fool's in topics... was that a script of some kind, or were you guys actually camping the forums for people?

I wonder how many people fell for this april fools joke. I mean it's quite obvious if you could access the forums :roll:

The greatest dupe was in 2006. It pretty much fooled a lot of people (including myself) because it was a more serious subject. Also, every time anyone mentioned the word 'April Fools' the moderators came and deleted all our posts.

There was a lot of people posting, there was a lot of people complaining. This is what did it so fun and hilarious. If I recall the joke was so good it was still active for a small period of the next day.

2005 was great and so was 2006. The rest was meh, imo (did they even do anything last year?).

Epic indeed. I lost that super awesome remix that went up that day too... someone gimme it.

Here and if you're interested, there was this one too.

I was fooled for a good while. Saw the front page, thought "what?!", went somewhere else, came back later to see if djp had sorted it out or something, still there.. rinse, repeat. Then I actually started looking at the links and stuff, and realized that it was actually djp in the "stock photo." I thought it was marvellous.

--Eino

I was fooled for a good while. Saw the front page, thought "what?!", went somewhere else, came back later to see if djp had sorted it out or something, still there.. rinse, repeat. Then I actually started looking at the links and stuff, and realized that it was actually djp in the "stock photo." I thought it was marvellous.

--Eino

That wasn't Dave in the stock photo.

Also, Txai doesn't realize that I don't care about French horns, I care about snare drums. No one gets those right.

As far as this year's joke goes, we're busy people. So we had fun doing a simple cybersquatted page. Definitely got emails from people asking if we'd be hacked or got pwnt by Conficker, so mission accomplished!

Definitely got emails from people asking if we'd be hacked or got pwnt by Conficker, so mission accomplished!

That was my first thought. Then I realised that it was still April 1 overseas.

Kudos to being the only site I know (thus far) that actually bothered to do something for april fools :tomatoface:

Also, A1 banning for saying April fool's in topics... was that a script of some kind, or were you guys actually camping the forums for people?

Every ban on OverClocked ReMix is handled by a real live person who tailors the ban specifically to you, the end-user.

OverClocked ReMix values customer service as priority #1. This is why we will never automate bans.

Every ban on OverClocked ReMix is handled by a real live person who tailors the ban specifically to you, the end-user.

OverClocked ReMix values customer service as priority #1. This is why we will never automate bans.

This ban was brought to you by darkesword and was finely crafted by his wonderful hands. Enjoy the ride.

Various Flavor are available: Pretzel(Original Favor), Zircon and Bahamut.

Just a day, possibly less. Everyone who was banned for trying to ruin the joke has been unbanned by now, I think.

If you are still banned, and you believe it is by mistake, please post here to alert the moderators.

A1-09 was pretty good, but it needed more supporting cast. Because the site was down, a lot of people didn't get a chance to venture to the forums, so there were a lot less, "WTF?" posts than there should have been (except LukeX). What's worse, there weren't a lot of people continuing the joke. This is what really makes the OCR A1 jokes the best around. Monobrow did a great job, but it needed more people.

I thought Fatal's Sims 2 ReMix project was really great and could have fooled a lot of people, but again, not many people got to the forums to see it.

Also, it needed more Vibe and Scene. Like, +1 Vibe and Scene.

Yea, that happened to me last year with the FF3 project. I got banned for a day to keep my mouth shut.

On the subject of A1 bans:

Every April 1st we end up deleting a load of posts, threads, and temp-banning accounts. Why do these people feel the need to spoil the joke? Yes, you figured out it's April Fools Day, and you didn't get fooled! Good for you! So why jump on the forum and start telling everyone? Give people a chance to be fooled, to maybe figure it out themselves. :\

Every April 1st we end up deleting a load of posts, threads, and temp-banning accounts. Why do these people feel the need to spoil the joke? Yes, you figured out it's April Fools Day, and you didn't get fooled! Good for you! So why jump on the forum and start telling everyone? Give people a chance to be fooled, to maybe figure it out themselves. :\

Agreed! Better yet, maybe you should jump on the forums and perpetuate the joke. There are two sides you can be on! You choose:

(A) Insist that the joke is not a joke. Say how much you loved the Sims 2 remix project. Include a why. Argue with those who say that the quality is lacking. I.E.: see most judges/moderators A1 posts.

(B) Pretend you're still fooled and try to look as idiotic as possible. Whine and complain about how angry and inconvenienced you are. Yell at the people in charge. I.E.: see Monobrow.

To be more clear, I was fooled for a while. Then I saw a post from someone else that didn't get deleted in time and I made another post saying that it just seemed too convenient to announce the project on A1. It's not like I was trying to spoil the fun.