OCR01066 - Castlevania "Belmont Lounge"

djpretzel

• 1 month later...

Definately like this one. It's got a smooth, laid back sound to it. When I was browsing the section and saw this, I thought it'd be a simple remix with a jazz kick, but was blown away by the style of this remix. Excellent piano parts and well conducted drums.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

A wonderful remix. I usually prefer a mix to remind me of the game (I hate it when I can't recognize it), but this song blows that thought away. Does remind me of Sim City/The Sims at times, but that is all gravy with me. I honestly think that this could be put in a lounge (maybe even elevator music) and it would sound like authentic Lounge music.

People here have noted the SOTN samples with positive opinions. I like them in there myself also, but they actually seem less "loungey" to me.

These are one of those songs that the genre works the game music, not the other way around.

A definitely well done remix that is certainly going on my Castlevania mix disc(s).

• 7 months later...

My varity in music didn't change much until toward the end of my High School years when I was a Junior and on. I got more into Jazz and well, where am I going with this? I enjoyed the remix. It definately is an interesting remix to say the least. However, even I am having a hard time trying to come up with words to describe this remix. I can tell you I enjoy listening to it when I do homework because it helps me focus, which in a way proves it's good at getting someone to focus on something they are trying to get done rather then trying to pick the thing apart instrument by instrument. It's just a very simple piece that I feel stands on its own due to its rather unusual style, I say unusual because I haven't heard anyone else attempt such a remix in such a way. Definately gets my two thumbs up of approval as far as good listening music goes.

• 2 years later...
my intention was to convey the cheesy, homogenous nature of lounge music, as if the Belmont Family had started up a bar band to jam out their zombie fightin' frustrations.

While I don't know if Daniel was stating if his mix is cheesy or if lounge music as a whole is cheesy, this mix is not.

It's not really jazz, but it's close enough. Its still smooth, mellow, and good.

Even still, I can't really find myself liking this one. I want to, but I can't really put my finger on why though. :-|

I kinda agree with 42 on this one. It's good, but it's not something I would (usually) purposefully want to listen to attentively. For me, maybe I just feel that a medley of songs which doesn't vary too much from the original (other than in tempo and instrumentation), even if the songs are really slickly combined together and sound so laid-back and flowing, doesn't hold my interest as well as a remix centered around one to a few themes/melodies.

Still, it is worth a listen (or perhaps multiple listens, or longterm love), because it is interesting.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01066 - Castlevania "Belmont Lounge"
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't know what it is with this song, but I've loved it since it debuted (well, almost...I did miss the old version).

I have no real gripes with it.  It is long, but I find myself enjoying it the whole time. It has a permanent spot on my jazzy remix playlist.