OCR01067 - Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX & VI "Those Chosen by the Medly"

djpretzel

I absolutely love this remix. Though djp and everyone hear says its better on headphones, it sure as hell sounded awesome in my church's sound system (2 2-foot high speakers on top of each other for both left and right and a big monitor system too) So it was pretty darn loud and still sounded awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

I for one liked it and am not critical about the samples, or the percieved "glitches"

At 1:55, there's a slight glitch, as well as 1:58.

Sharp ear or not, this mix has its technical graces in the assembly of the beats. It shows wonderful planning and execution. This artist put some thought behind it beforehand as well.

Personally, it was the first and is still one of the better takes on "Those Chosen by the Planet" (FFVII). The Nebilheim scene when Sephiroth torches the town has always been my favourite section, so maybe I'm a bit biased in my like of the mix.

Keep up the wonderful work, and thank you for making this.

• 4 months later...

I really liked it. I recognised two melodies, one from Final Fantasy VII's "Those Chose By The Planet" (obviously) and the other a bit from FFVIII's "Liberi Fatale".

I am sure there are a few others from other FF games but I don't recognise them (only really played from VI and up).

• 4 months later...

I think it was pretty good, but it could have been WAY better. For the whole song I was expecting a transition from Liberi Fatali to One Winged Angel and I just didn't get it :(. It was a great mix though, maybe it could get updated some day.

• 4 months later...
Yeah, the ID3 tag says:

(FF7) - Those Chosen By The Planet

(FF8) - Liberi Fatali

(FF9) - Kuja's Theme

(FF6) - Terra's Theme

Then why is it in the remixes for FF1?

To the song. GREAT! Had many of the best tracks from FF and made it to a mix that has great tempo, rhytm, piano and that weird feeling of Sephiroth´s prescence, heh. Those bells that played the theme of Kuja really fitted with that LB-piano, everything went so smooth and the remix so great that I´m gonna pass out...> slam <

OK, I´m back. Great song Kyshad!

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Yeah, the ID3 tag says:

(FF7) - Those Chosen By The Planet

(FF8) - Liberi Fatali

(FF9) - Kuja's Theme

(FF6) - Terra's Theme

Then why is it in the remixes for FF1?

Medley pieces across several games in a series are listed under the first game of the series.

Good arrangement ideas, but this piece definitely shows its age. Nothing against Graham, but it didn't hold up well for me.

• 2 years later...
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee.

Oh, the beginning is so wonderfully Gothic. This mix reminds me most vividly of Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town; it has that latent sense of horror permeating through every ounce of it. This is definitely a theme for the hallowed ground and the time is nigh. The atmosphere is so wonderfully rich and thick here, it makes it a wonderful listen.

The very beginning sounded just like the game, and it wasn't that great- seemed rigid and used weak samples, but it quickly brought the hifi in, and was much better. Nice panning gated and filtered synths really are the show-stealer for me. the beats are pretty cool but could have been a little punchier, and some of the synths and samples used were still pretty one-dimensional. The strength though is that there are a lot of cool themes going on, and the arrangement works, I just wish some of the sounds were as good.

• 2 months later...

Pretty dire sample wise, and it struggles to be inspiring for a good length of its runtime. The cameo of Terra's Theme is the peak of the mix, showcasing some nicely arranged blending of melodies, but it is so shortlived its almost insulting.

This is pretty standard Final Fantasy remixing. A bunch of moody organ/choir tunes mashed up. It's not fancy, and it sounds below average. But its not horrible for what it is. At the very least, you can hear the effort put into it. For all its faults, it at least isn't a rushjob.

And would someone with the proper authority change this from Final Fantasy to Final Fantasy 7. No matter what the official categorising rules are, this mix is mislabelled.

• 4 weeks later...

The sparse, suspenseful moments in this mix color the atmosphere as cave-like or post-apocalyptic, especially in the layered intro and 2:28. Liberi Fatali and Those Chosen by the Planet take the initial spotlights thus: TCbtP's undercurrent bass drives the drama from 0:08, thus supporting LF, and after some role-building-and-swapping, TCbtP's choir mingles with LF's lead at 2:14 to consummate the sources' marriage. Kuja's theme secretly transfers the feel of the first of every three notes to 4/4 from 3/4, and the quick runs of Terra's theme seem kinda afterthought-ish but act like a fittingly "resigned" closure.

Overall, I admire both the source choices from FFs 6-9 and how they're arranged to melodically pass the baton. Smart stuff.

• 5 months later...

Hi, I'm new.

Anyway, I liked it. It sounds neat, it works, and I didn't hear any glitches that were terribly obvious. It sounds like the person put alot of work into it, but not only that, taht they put good work into it as well.

The start is a little dull though.

• 4 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01067 - Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX & VI "Those Chosen by the Medly"