Support OCR Month 2009 was a triumph!

big giant circles

That's really awesome, Jill!

I do agree with Ken, though, in that I wonder if it'd be possible to add a small line of text at the end that said something like "Click here to learn more!"

Otherwise, that puts my crummy one from last year to total shame, and that's awesome! :)

That's why you should have the image itself link to the first post in this thread. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to change anything about the GIF. It took me FOREVER.

1) Added pixie-ad to sig!

2) Will be donating soon; just need my next money-infusion to arrive. (Paying for housing for next year makes my wallet cry!)

3) What did you use to make the ad, Jill? If you still have the original files, I may be able to add that last bit about clicking it if you're too busy to do it yourself right now. Just an offer, if you choose to accept it.

I'm fairly new here.

But I've found a formidable and unique way to express myself & to reach people all over the world with music.

And that wonderful mean of expression & sharing is OCR.

Therefore I'm more than willing to participate and support the site when I can, so I've made a 50$ donation.

It's not much in comparison to the knowledge I've gained and the fun that I had since I've joined.

But I hope this contribution helps making OCremix an even better place. ;-)

So far there we've had a fantastic week, and I'd like to extend a huge thank you to those who have donated so far. Some of you have truly gone above and beyond, and whether or not the raffle goes well for you, you have our utmost and sincere thanks.

Also, those of you who have read this thread but have not yet donated, please consider doing so. If your name appears below, or on any of the following few pages, now is a great time to show support to a site that undeniably means a great deal to you. :)

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/memberlist.php?order=DESC&sort=posts&pp=30

I really need to throw some money in the pot for this place. I've gotten so much music off thie place it's only right that I do.

I'll see what I can afford at the end of the month, I've money yet to move around, and I missed a rent payment this month, but rest assures something IS coming from me, I'm just not sure how much and when you'll get it. But you will get something, you've got my word on it.

Just as a side...question, how did Paypal catch this? I've known many (illegal/legally questionable) private game servers that offered services/incentives to people for donating. I'm not encouraging that you do something against Paypal's policies, but I just wonder how so many shady operations can get by under the radar.

What if you gave everyone who donated something, thus not making this a raffle/lottery? Would that be ok with Paypal? Considering the amount of money that might have gone into the prizes, a small gift to everyone who donated would be cool and maybe less costly; something light, preferably thin to fit in one of those bubble wrap document mailers. Maybe you could give out each donor's choice of OCR album CD(s) with their labels pressed on them, magnets... Just a thought. If it's not possible, I'm sure people will still give. This setback might even serve to encourage more to support OCR - I don't know.

I too am curious as to why they care, or even how they found out about this....

and also. Its not what OCR can give to you. Its what you can Give to OCR, Plus if you have each track downloaded thats at least $1,000 worth of itunes music, So what is 10 dollars. Back towards more great music,

Well, my own speculation is that someone (probably who doesn't like us for whatever reason) may have reported us, however it is possible that they found it on their own; either way it doesn't truly matter. I understand that by technical definition I suppose, we are "gambling" in some way, although to anyone reading this thread/post, we know that that's a very very skewed perspective, and obviously not what we're about here.

It's merely a fundraiser, and it was MY IDEA to offer prizes to those who donated. Believe me, if I was able, I'd give away prizes to every single person that sent in any money at all. Obviously, that's not exactly feasible.

I'm just really disappointed at this whole mess. I've participated in this exact same type of thing before, where donations were asked for, and in some cases prizes were rewarded, many for charitable causes. It's unfortunate that Paypal is a large entity, bound more by fine print than any sort of conscious judgement. We may figure out a better way to carry out our "gambling"[/smirk] in the future, but for now we have had no choice but to abide by PayPal's request.

Just noting that our PayPal access has been restored. It took some persistence on djp's part to say the least, but now everything's cool. That said, we did have another contest idea just for musicians that we may be able to use some prizes for, and I do like Jimmy's idea of thinking of another giveaway angle unrelated to the donations. We want to give you guys something, so I'll think of a way we can do that for this month!

I don't need prizes, this site's been giving me free prizes for 7 years, they're filling my hard drive right now. How about post more mixes and we'll call it good?

I echo this sentiment. The only prize I care about is Dave whittling down the to-be-posted-ReMix queue. ;-)