OCR01069 - Mario Kart 64 "Party in the Snowland"

djpretzel

All I can say is Cool! Wow, this mix is really jamming. Makes my wanna keep on the repeat button, I’ve already looped it 4 times.. I may not be very good at commenting on this stuff but I know when I like something. Surprised this didn't get a "recommended" from djpretzel, but it certainly would get one from me. Very nice DarkeSword, I'll defiantly be looking out for more remixes by you.

...wow...

This got posted really quickly O_o;

I submitted this not too long ago.

Glad everyone liked it.

Mixcount +1 :wink:

Edit: I just thought I'd add something about the mix that Pretz forgot; it's a remix of Frappe Snowland and Rainbow Road; but rather than just moving from one to another in medly fashion, I trying to put bits of RR in the FS sections. Listen to the bells. You'll see what I mean. 8)

I was glad when this won IMC:LE and I'm glad to see it posted. It's well polished, excellently mixed and mastered, and is very well arranged. I'm surprised noone's commented on the somewhat unusual choice of having that low choir in there, at IMC people criticized you for it. The congas are my favorite part, no doubt. And I have to say, you snuck that Rainbow Road theme in there real well. :nicework:

This is da good schytte, gentlemenz!!! This song rocks! And since I usually hate anything remotely close to jazz, that's saying something. This is my new favorite mix. Awesome job, Darkesword. I really liked how you sort of interlaced the two songs together, and that conga (Djimbe drum?) is just addictive. Might we squeeze a whole Mario Christmas album out of you? If you haven't downloaded this yet, you are in sin, and you will be smitten. Get it!

What else is there to say? It's polished, professional... get it!

Woohoo! And I love that sax... I'm really picky about bad sax sounds too, so that's saying something! :) Awesome rhythm too, the bongos give the beat /so/ much more energy. Wow, down to every last detail... if the bells had been just a little bit more intrusive, the sax a bit less in quality, the drums a bit more bland, this would have barely stuck out from anything else... it's that polished quality that really makes this one shine.

Top song dude.

I got this from the WIP forums ages ago....or maybe it was the vgmix forums before vgmix2 was up. Anyway, I lost i somehow, then not even a week ago I was searching the internet trying to find it. Needless to say I am extremely happy to have it back in my collection! Thanks Darkesword, this is one choice song! :wink:

• 1 month later...

Wow, I like it! Nice little jazzy beat to go along with almost any day. I'm downloading this one. I like how it's jazz, but somehow keeps a jazzy little wintery beat in there too. It's pretty nice if you ask me. I ecspecially love how it keeps the melody with a jazzy feel. Nice one Darkesword!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Keep this one around and remember to pull it out the first day you get some snow - if it hasn't already come :)

Oh it´s here alright, for the time being. ight now it´s melting away, it´s like COME OOON! This is northern Sweden!

As for the remix, very skilled done. Nice instruments like trumpets, church bells, cool drums and normal bells. I like it alot. Although it´s a party, DS doesn´t goes rock on. This is a somewhat calm remix, it´s a snow course after all. That synth that this piece begins with is also good, how can I describe it...funky, groovy, I don´t know, it just speaks to me.

Around the middle of this remix, a new melody came into the game, I listened to it and thought

Hey, this melody really fits in good, I remember this from the game and the course, it´s so calm and...HEY! This is the Rainbow course! Thought I recognized it.

However, since it took awhile to come to that conclusion, it means that that melody fitted like a glove to this excellent mix, marvelous work Darke.

• 1 year later...

*3...2..1..go!*

*gets ? cube*

*uses lighning*

*squashes mario*

*hits penguin and falls in water to come out as ice block*

*why do i always slip on a friggin bannana after that happens??*

dang 4th place i guess i gotta try the level again.

you know what? thats ok because this song rocks!...well ok in a smooth its a jazz christmas kinda way lol

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Pretty synthy sounds, but the arrangement covers pretty well for it. Nice driving and layered percussion; it's really clean sounding, like fresh fallen snow. :<

Good breakdowns and a middle section that expands things a bit, and then back to the main melody. This soundscape really does lend itself to racing through the snow, but the feeling of being safe while doing so. Perfectly captured, nice work.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01069 - Mario Kart 64 "Party in the Snowland"