OCR01825 - Cave Story "Polar Star Overdrive"

djpretzel

A great mix! It had me slamming through the whole 2 and a half minutes of loveliness.

My only complaint would have to be the guitar from 0:42 to 0:59. It's a minor issue, but I couldn't really "feel" the guitar during that timeframe. I just don't believe it matched the intensity of the drums, so it was more or less drowned out in my opinion.

But all in all, nice job! More, make more!:<

love the arrangement and vibe here - finally some tensei-san on the site!

which brings up another question for me...um not sure how else to put it but isn't joren a girl?!

Gah! I knew my use of the "PrincessTensei" nick on IRC was going to catch up with me some time. Nope, I'm a guy, and I'm European, which explains the weird name :P

Thanks for all the reviews by the way!

• 2 weeks later...

nice mixture of feel here, blending what and what not into a nice soup of delicious... only thing i can say is that i dislike programmed "real-drums" because everything sounds good except the hihats (mostly OFTEN and always)so NOTHING PERSONAL iow...

but also, since im very biased i really like this remix aswell, because Cave Story is so great, it needs to be known by every living soul on the face of the earth... i feel bad for all the generations in the past for not playing this game...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like the rough-around-the-edges feel of this one, even the synth sounds appropriately dirty for the thrashiness of the song. It definitely doesn't feel as refined as Joren's more recent songs but I think that adds to the charm of this debut piece.

Crazy drums, crazy playing... not much else to say on this one, it's just good :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01825 - Cave Story "Polar Star Overdrive"