OCR01071 - Mega Man 2 "It's About Time"

djpretzel

• 6 months later...

Hi.

The first time I listen to the remix I didn't like it, but after hearing it twice it was nice. The fifth time listening made it one of my favorites.

When I was playing the game Megaman 2 I didn't like the Flash theme very much. When Gecko Yamori made a mix (Flash C64) I like it more, but now, it's one of my favorite themes. Too bad this song is going to be overmixed

The intro is long, but very good. It's walking to the theme very slow, but on a nice way.

Finally the theme. YES, this is very nice. Nice sound effects, it's being PERFECT. First you used 'page 1' of the song, very used well.

Than the other 'page'. You used the correct sound effects. This things goes on a couple of minutes.

Then 'page 2' again, nice way to come back to this theme.

Oh no, the song is ending, the end is good as well.

Overal:

GOOD remix, long intro but good. Good remixing and a good end. 9.5 (95%)

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Like many others have already said: the intro is way too long and boring. It almost made me skip this song, however, when it finally changed, it was well worth it.

This is a very great trance remix; very mellow and smooth. Definitely recommended if you like trance.

• 7 months later...

This is my favorite Flash remix, without a doubt. The long intro is okay, it may be boring for them without headphones, since you actually can hear something build up itself in the quiet back of this mix.

I don´t really know what the title stands for, is it It´s about time someone made a great Flashremix, because we have those in multiplies y´know. But for the whole arrangement, very nice done. I actually like that synth doing its own thing in the beginning, which later gets company consisted by a two awesome synths. I mean it, those trance synths are incredible, they´re both echoing and fading away continiously, I like that.

But it take some time for this remix to show its real self, 2:32 to be exact. I´m just gonna cut to the case. The piano was beautiful, and the walkover to a more calm and drummier part was magnificent!

There, I´m done, where´s the rest of your hits?

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while since I checked this thread out. Thanks for the great comments everyone.

As far as the name of the song is concerned, It's About Time is named because Flashman's weapon is the time stopper. Everyone recognizes the long intro so of course it's about time when it actually leads into the main theme. I wanted to construct the song so that whenever I finish another megaman 2 mix it'll lead into the flashman mix smoothly.

Anyway, i simply wanted to test out my synth's capabilties when i first got it and this remix is what came about.

I've never heard the original tune this is for, I confess, I've never played Mega Man...but this tune sounds a lot like Chicago - I'm a Man

:lol: now that's funny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
It's been a while since I checked this thread out. Thanks for the great comments everyone.

As far as the name of the song is concerned, It's About Time is named because Flashman's weapon is the time stopper. Everyone recognizes the long intro so of course it's about time when it actually leads into the main theme. I wanted to construct the song so that whenever I finish another megaman 2 mix it'll lead into the flashman mix smoothly.

Anyway, i simply wanted to test out my synth's capabilties when i first got it and this remix is what came about.

I've never heard the original tune this is for, I confess, I've never played Mega Man...but this tune sounds a lot like Chicago - I'm a Man

:lol: now that's funny

This mix is amazing. it is definitely one of my favorite OC remixes.

And the rest of your music is amazing!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I picture Quick Man's stage instead of Flash Man's whenever I listen to this because of how persistently reverb-laden the soundscape is. The volume lapses hint at instant-death beams and the need for heightened agility in those red/orange/blue corridors.

Maybe it's just me, but I have a habit of counting the quarter-note beats of the starting bass while the fluctuating synths roll in. Makes me feel like I'm riding a horse or something. I also like how the first four quips of Flash Man's theme use one lead synth, then another that echoes/fades into obscurity (which, like so much else in this mix, fuels the long-corridor imagery). 3:47 - 4:42 offers some pleasing note-timing variations when bridging the 2nd and 3rd measures. And all the while, it takes care never to alter the mood too jarringly.

Overall, this is beaterrific and enticing. As djp says more than once in his writeup, this goes places, man.

• 1 year later...

A longish build, that has a pretty good payoff, i've been working on the flashman theme on my own a little bit recently, so I'm definitely familiar. The twinkly piano added to synths and a standard beat certainly isn't anything new, but it's balanced sounding, and nothing seems out of place.

Combined with a solid source, and you've got a recipe for a pretty nice mix. :-)

Bonus points! Quick story 'bout this ReMix - the very first night I ever lived away from my parents (like, not in the same city or anywhere close), I was doin' the ambient music whilst trying to repair some frayed nerves (mine). And this song was there. I remember this and Boards of Canada's 1969. I remember 3-4 teapots worth of tea, and I remember beating Mega Man 2 - twice. So, that was an awesome night, made all the more awesome by this song. Thanks, SymphoChro! Good memories.

In a technical sense, this is a really solid mix. I'm not getting a totally ambient feel (which is fine), but there's definitely a solid build. The intro may be a titch long, but I know why it's there. Now get to work on that mix which is supposed to lead into this one!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01071 - Mega Man 2 "It's About Time"