Promo Album - SquareDance

Wren_Landale

i am wondering on how i can get my hands on the OCREMIX.ORG Promo Album, SquareDance.....i have one of the tracks on my MySpace page.....the track is this

"Magus Raw Trance Exhaustion"

this track and others is my reason for wanting a copy of this album, not to mention the other music from OCREMIX.ORG that i have on my computer i use as background inspiration for the art i create.

Any information will be greatly appreciated

Wren Landale

SquareDance was a production by the now-defunct KFSS Studios and the still-going-strong OneUps Studios. OC ReMix had nothing to do with creating the album, even though djp & several OC ReMixers are on the album.

You can learn more about the two versions of the album here:

Standard: http://vgmdb.net/album/1591

Limited: http://vgmdb.net/album/1590

In terms of getting a physical copy, eBay, as all the copies were sold out a long time ago.

I ordered this way back, I tend to forget to listen to it these days with all stuff OCR is churning out, but it has some really unique tracks. I sort of think of SquareDance and PMM as predecessors to OCR, even though I'm pretty sure OCR was around or at least getting it's foot in the door back then as well, it's all kind of blending together.

"Cecil's Jinn and Juice" will always be one of my favorite mix titles, not to mention a pretty cool mix.

I ordered this way back, I tend to forget to listen to it these days with all stuff OCR is churning out, but it has some really unique tracks. I sort of think of SquareDance and PMM as predecessors to OCR, even though I'm pretty sure OCR was around or at least getting it's foot in the door back then as well, it's all kind of blending together.

"Cecil's Jinn and Juice" will always be one of my favorite mix titles, not to mention a pretty cool mix.

OCR was definitely around back then - it's where I was introduced to most, if not all of the people that were featured on the album!

And thanks! One of my favourite titles and mixes, too.

Not necessarily. I could always stream it for him.

Not sure it's necessary to be so careful. I mean, as it stands, there is NO source for this album. If shared, the album could still spread and live on and exist, for posterity's sake if nothing else.

Not sure it's necessary to be so careful. I mean, as it stands, there is NO source for this album. If shared, the album could still spread and live on and exist, for posterity's sake if nothing else.

Actually, it is available from the VGMCentral channel on DC++ (then again, almost every single video game music release EVER is available there). But regardless: http://www.kngi.org/miscstuff/SQUAREDANCE/

Arrrgggg... pirates...

It's a shame it's not available commercially anymore. There are some of us who dislike pirating things that would love to spend cash to have legal versions of these things.

Case in point, I learned my lesson on this the hard way last weekend - tried finding a serial key generator to crack an mp3 tagger, ended up downloading malware instead and having a nice 16-hour malware removal session, instead of a nice weekend. All would have been averted had I chosen to spend the $20 for a full version of that specific program.

Same rule applies here - I'd rather spend the money on it than get tainted files.

That's too bad man, 'cause we're out of them and I dunno if we're going to print that physical CD again - it's so costly!

Wait, that seems to imply that you might release SQUAREDANCE (remember how attentive you used to be when posting the album's name? ;P) as a digital download in the future. And yet you said earlier OneUp Studios doesn't have the right to sell the album? Which is right?

Actually, it is available from the VGMCentral channel on DC++ (then again, almost every single video game music release EVER is available there). But regardless: http://www.kngi.org/miscstuff/SQUAREDANCE/

I was referring to lack of any official availability. (Plus that link doesn't have the full Limited Editon track set.) And while VGMCentral has loads of albums, they never seem to have the newest releases that I so desperately want to try-before-buy. :-(

If you all want my track that's on the PMM Trance Album, here ya go: http://www.sgxmusic.com/music/SGX%20-%20St%20Gabriel%27s%20Mask%20(Ecco%202%20Sega%20CD).mp3 It's probably my least favorite remix actually...but whatever. :D

Seriously, dude? I loved that song. It's one of my favorites on that album! The soundscape and SFX are so effective at conveying their atmosphere. It's like Drift - Act II.

Moguta, I was refering to Volume 2. As implied, OneUp Studios has no distribution rights on SQUAREDANCE (still am, always will be). Plus I think it'd raise a lot of red flags with folks here, seeing as how djp himself is on there, along with so many others.

And yeah, I don't think that was Zeratul's best. Still haven't heard a Magus arrangement I "loved" ...'cept for the one Dhsu and I did :P