Assassin's Creed 2

Abadoss

AC2crest.jpg

http://assassinscreed.us.ubi.com/assassins-creed-2/teaser/

Well, Assassin's Creed 2 is on its way and it's already looking intreguing. I'm kind of bummed that only one of the five images is available to unlock. Also, what's the deal with the "Game Informer 4/16/09"? I wonder if they plan on releasing something at this site or in its newsletter next week.

Any thoughts?

EZIO.jpg

I remember playing assassin's crezzzzzzz

Bingo. I don't know of a single friend who actually finished this game, I sold it about a week after I bought it. I dunno about number 2. The concept for 1 was cool but the gameplay just left me bored. Ubi has a lot to tackle here.

I enjoyed the first one, myself. Good concept, . I was playing on the PC version with the extra missions, so it didn't get nearly as repetitive for me. Of course, the controls were suffering from some sever console-itis, but I have a gamepad now so that shouldn't be as much of a problem. The game still had its flaws for me, though - but, if Ubi is at all smart, they'll take the sequel as an opportunity to address those flaws, like real disguises and more believable hiding from guards.

My biggest complaint from the first one would have to be the endgame, honestly. A game built on stealthy running and hiding breaks down into a mess of you vs 30 guys, running in circles to desparately try and regain health (well, "synchronization") before picking off one or two more. That was no fun.

Still, Ubi has a lot of potential for the sequel. I look forwards to seeing what else they show and discuss before passing judgment based off the first.

I liked it too...although the gameplay left alot to be desired.

For all of you poor fellows who didn't beat it, you missed out on the best part...

when you go back to a previous mission after finishing the last level, you don't lose sync from killing civilians.

easily added like 5 hours to my playtime, right there...:twisted:

GET OFF ME CRAZY BEGGAR LADY

I'LL END YOU

I for one am eagerly looking forward to Assassin's Creed 2. They set it pretty much where and when I wanted. The gameplay in the original was really repetitive....but really fun. I also cite it as an example of a well-written video game. The story is good, there is character development, but no ridiculously long MGS-esque cutscenes.

oh god that sounds awesome

have the dude (I forget his name) scaling skyscrapers and everything

Yup, That is the direction I thought they were going with at the end of the first game.

He could be helping the resistance groups too.

It would be like Mirror's Edge meets Prince of Persia,

A few of my friends have speculated on the time/location of the next game. Originally, they were convinced that the second game would take place in Japan. But given the art style and that long look that Da Vinci drawing, I'd say it takes place in continental Europe during the renaissance.

*SPOILERS*

But I dunno. It could be anywhere. At the very end, when you look into that piece of eden and there are all those little lights everywhere, there are SEVERAL locations that historally had assassins in them. Japan and India stood out most notably, and what with the whole ninja pop-culture thing, I dunno. But given that Ubi is a french company, I guess renaissance europe is as good a guess as any.

/SPOILERS

I enjoyed a good chunk of Assassin's Creed but I really hated how they did the bait and switch at the beginning of the game. I was expecting to be fully immersed in the Crusades, not reading DNA from an ancestor. It especially hit me when I bought the art book, which is fantastic and I recommend anyone into good art to pick it up, the creative director Patrice Desilets basically explained that the Animus was also created as a way to explain the use of a health bar and inventory and such. I thought that was lame and felt that they could've done a better job to explain away 'video game elements'. The magical elements toward the end of the game were another turn off for me.

Basically I had high hopes for the original and they were squashed. I hope that with the experience the team has now they can make something really good. I probably won't buy the sequel out right but I am curious as to how this will turn out.

i loved the game. a lot. i'm currently looking for flags, for completion.

2 is supposed to bring water-based gameplay, several characters, and tweaked freerunning to make it feel more like mirror's edge style of running. which would be awesome, because the roofrunning didn't hold up as well once i'd played through mirror's edge.

I bought Assassin's Creed 1 at launch.

I will not do that for Assassin's Creed 2. If people tell me it has more going for it than AC1, then sure, I'll pick it up later.

AC1 was fun, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. Assassinations were few and far between, missions were the same one after the other, and there was no replay value.

Sure I had fun playing through it, but... I'm done with that.

The best thing out of Assassin's Creed was the fact that I can make Solid Snake wear Atair's clothes in MGS4.

There I said it.

I've always felt Mirror's Edge is the pinnacle of free running. Prince of Persia and Assassin's Creed are too simplistic in their approach. I want more choices than just "HIT A TO CLIMB"

Throwing dead guards off of rooftops just to see people's reaction was fun and fighting was pretty cool, but seeing as how the free running was a major part of the gameplay and I hated it, that really killed most of the experience for me.

Plus I don't like stealth games where stealth is your only option. I know its called ASSASSIN'S Creed, but I'd still like to be able to choose my method for killing. Not everyone is a shadow monkey.

I've always felt Mirror's Edge is the pinnacle of free running. [...] I want more choices than just "HIT A TO CLIMB"

Are we talking about the same Mirror's Edge? Mirror's Edge was so linear that it caused me physical pain. That was actually one of the few things that Assassin's Creed did right; the locations were convincingly open and wonderfully three-dimensional. You could leap from rooftop to rooftop in a nicely nonlinear fashion, as opposed to Mirror's Edge, which had more of a "find your way through the maze" feel than a "freerun your way across the city" feel. Granted, Mirror's Edge's movement was a lot smoother (if you did it right) -- but that's because it was literally the only thing to do in the game.

I bought Assassin's Creed 1 at launch.

I will not do that for Assassin's Creed 2. If people tell me it has more going for it than AC1, then sure, I'll pick it up later.

AC1 was fun, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. Assassinations were few and far between, missions were the same one after the other, and there was no replay value.

Sure I had fun playing through it, but... I'm done with that.

The best thing out of Assassin's Creed was the fact that I can make Solid Snake wear Atair's clothes in MGS4.

There I said it.

Man, I completely agree with you. I bought it used for $20. (New was $50.) And I had a lot of fun with it. Unfortunately, I haven't touched it since I beat it a week later. It's fun to experiment with the rooftops and different moves, but the game is open enough to test all of that out during the game. Besides, the ending just killed everything for me. Speaking of which, I was stuck on trying to kill Robert at the end because I couldn't survive the mob of people so I looked up a stragety guide to see what I could do. The guy that wrote it gave 2 large paragraphs about how they got the muslim funeral all wrong. (Women don't attend, words are not spoken, prayer felt like someone blurted it out during planing and didn't touch it since)

But wings? I definately have to see that. It's not a selling point for me, but it seems interesting enough.