OCR01073 - Super Mario RPG "Waltz of Pain"

djpretzel

• 1 month later...

I remember this song, it was always sad and almost humorous when it was used. This remix does the song justice. It captures the essence and feel to the song that the SNES's quality could only begin to handle. It is well written, this song works well with just a piano. It makes me think of the piano in "To Zanarkand". :) Well done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Man, this ReMix brings back so many memories... bein' in preschool, playing with friends... then a few years later, one of my friends moved away. I couldn't stop thinking about this music (original Sad Song)... I cried so hard. Time passed, and a concussion helped destroy any memory of the song. :puppyeyes:

Then I found this site, and downloaded this great mix, "Waltz of Pain." The title drew me in. I opened up WinAmp and played it. Nothing could have been more beautiful. I love this remix, and have put it on almost every single playlist, especially my CD called "Requiem of Happiness"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

How have I not reviewed this song yet...? I could have sworn I did, but I've been flinging praise around the boards for some time now, so I might as well make it official.

Checking my Windows Media Player... I have now listened to Waltz of Pain 89 times. That just barely moves it into first place for the most commonly listened to song on my computer. This also does not count the countless number of times I have listened to it on CD, as it has a spot on 2 of my 3 OCR mix CDs. Let me explain why.

This song is amazing. This is the second song I downloaded from OCR, and to this day remains one of my favorites. The subtlety and skill with which this piece is played, combined with the masterful arrangement, makes this an instant classic in my book. It stands alone as a piece completely unique from everything else I've downloaded from OCR. It's a wonderful interpretation of the Sad Song from Super Mario RPG, and really evokes the pity and sorrow you feel for Mallow. And then, at 1'20", the more solid chords and volume build express the frustration. I can still picture Croc stealing Mallow's wallet, and the ensuing chase. It's all there in the song, mingling with some excellent piano playing. If I had to give this an award, I would probably give it an award for being the "Most Human Remix." You can see all the effort that went into making this piece, and how much it payed off.

I want to see more remixes like this. Excellent work.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That was very nice. The only thing I would change is maybe mix it up a little bit with something other than piano. I mean, keep the classical tone in there but throw some other things in there like maybe a solo violinist. Then again, that's just me. :lol: I still give it a 9/10 though. It's a very beautiful song.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Wow, another amazing piano mix. I don't know which of the dudes involved is doing the piano (MC?), but s/he is very talented. Of course, what good is an awesome pianist without awesome music to play? I keep seeing Blak_Omen's name on some very awesome remixes (FF9 Hunter's Etude makes me wet myself). Regardless of who killed who, this is a very powerful and emotive song. You can hear the pain/agony behind it. Starts out slow, works up to a very awesome climax around 2:30-2:40, then slowly works its way down to nothingness. Very nice, very powerful, very moving. So to the guys who did this, keep doing whatever it is you're doing, it's great.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

ok, I've been going around the website for several hours now, and finally I struck pure gold. There is amazing music on this website but this song truly defines the purpose of OCRemix. I registered just now so I could show my appreciation for this song.

I'm listening to it for the 3rd time in a row and I still have shivers. Such emotions involved... poor mallow... his grandfather's a frog... how cruel

I'm a huge fan of piano mixes and this is a terrific arrangement! I don't know how I haven't found this before. This is one of those songs that clearly outdoes the source material by leaps and bounds (no pun intended).

Excellent arrangement and beautifully recorded and and played. I spent no time adding this to my media player!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01073 - Super Mario RPG "Waltz of Pain"