3 New Composer Interviews & MUCH MORE!

Liontamer

April being OCR Support Month isn't just about us asking for donations; this year, we're upping the ante by rolling out some cool features. Among them, we're proud to present several in-depth interviews connecting YOU with the creators of the music we all enjoy!

Making up our latest trifecta, we have:

• David Wise, career-long in-house composer at Microsoft’s Rare, co-composer for the Donkey Kong Country series and Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise, and composer for the Battletoads and Wizards & Warriors series
  • Christopher Tin, co-composer for 2K Games’ Civilization IV; and
  • Steffan Andrews, OC ReMixer and co-composer for EA’s FaceBreaker

Be sure to read up (and spread the word!) on all 3 of these excellent interviews, then follow it up by checking out our other Q&A's with Beatdrop, CoLD SToRAGE (Tim Wright), Grant Kirkhope, McVaffe, Michael Gluck (Piano Squall) and Patrick Zimmerli!

The OCR community's also been being giving their own interviews all around the net, so stay on top of what's been going on lately with the links below!

Summoning of Spirits: Higher Plain Music / Tales Union

Podcasts: Life Inside the Box / Xbox 360 Fancast (Joystiq Xbox) / Into the Score

ReMixers: Game Music 4 All (Nicole Adams/injury) / GameDaily (Mazedude/McVaffe)

so, is there a reason that i spent all that time on baba yetu if you guys were just planning on ignoring taucer and me the entire time anyways? the least you could have done was answer my PMs, for goodness sake.

good interviews, though, i enjoyed them all.

Well, for one, sorry if your feathers were ruffled... Larry seemed to indicate there was another side to the story, but it definitely would have been nice to post the mix along with the interview, that was definitely my intention. But we'll still pimp out the interview when we post the mix, and go back and integrate the mix into the interview as well, so all is not lost.

In general, I'm finding more and more that when we try to delay posting mixes, interviews, or other things so that everything's synchronized, we end up holding on to stuff too long and everything gets backed up. I like the *idea* of posting related content at the same time, but pragmatically, it seems to have a negative effect on the queue & the overall site schedule. This isn't directed at you, I'm just explaining some of the rationale behind our moving forward and posting the interview with Chris.

Good interviews, all of them. Nice having three of them at the same time for variety of viewpoints and stories into the professional game music composing world. I really liked how appreciative Wise and Tin were towards reinterpretation of their work. Tin's comments on the academica were interesting (I suppose/hope coming generations will appreciate film and game soundtracks more) - and I loved his networking comment too. The insight into interactive music tracks was great in Andrews' interview (Wise also touched on the subject). And of course it's exciting to see people from OCR getting inside the business. Thanks to all involed! I'm eager to hear that Baba Yetu ReMix too, now. :)

--Eino

• 2 weeks later...