Tweenbot! Look at the nice New Yorkers!

JoeFu

I do find the insights from the article interesting. New Yorkers, fear of terrorism, random acts of kindness to an inanimate object, all that.

Adding to that, it's also anthropomorphic. Empathy increases significantly because of this. It would be interesting to see what would happen if she changed up the shape of the robots and didn't paint faces on them.

Leave the design and smiling face, but put turbans on them. The time how long it takes for Homeland Security agents to show up. I think that would also be an interesting experiment.

It would be pretty ironic if the Tweenbots actually were bombs and all these people were unknowingly helping it reach its destination.

The Pezman's hidden text needs the disclaimer that it's a spoiler for the ending of Portal. Which probably only matters to the about five other people here who haven't played it yet plan to.

Damnit.

I seem to be the only one here who doesn't see any significance to this. It only takes a few seconds to put the thing back on course, so it's nothing special to help the machine. And because it's a machine and not a living being, it's also not wrong to walk on by. It would be an interesting experiment, however, to take a sample of people who understood the goal given to the machine and do some non-intrusive psychological testing on the individuals' empathy levels to see if individuals who helped the machine had more empathy than those that didn't help it. I'd tune in for that.

I did enjoy the happy music though.

The Pezman's hidden text needs the disclaimer that it's a spoiler for the ending of Portal. Which probably only matters to the about five other people here who haven't played it yet plan to.

Dammit, KB, I didn't know it was a spoiler until you said it.

Anyway, this is a great project. I wish I could come up with these things. The robot is adorable, though it still really surprised me when she said that all of the robots so far have made it to their destination unharmed. Gave me back a little bit of faith in humanity.

Cool music too. Thanks for the link, Larry.