PF - Punchfest!

SnappleMan

Okay folks, so tomorrow (Sunday April 12 2009) at 3pm EST I'm going to hold the first PUNCHFEST. A vg music arrangement competition.

We're going to be doing it on IRC, channel #punchfest on irc.esper.net. You can enter the channel at any time, but sooner is always better since there will be fantastic antics had. etc etc

EVERYONE who enters must compete. Anyone can make music very easily! Quality doesn't matter, just have fun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

noob - "But snappleman I don't have $10,000 worth of expensive shit to make music on!!"

http://famitracker.shoodot.net/ - five minutes to learn, srsly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF WE'RE GONNA PLAY THIS GAME, WE NEED SOME

RULES

- Theme will be announced the night before. This way you can pick your song. DON'T START WORKING ON IT.

- You will have 6 hours to complete your song once we start. Do whatever you want once the thing starts, but when the 6 hour time limit is up (9pm est) you must have submitted something.

- You can use anything you want musically. Live instruments, just MIDI, trackers. Just make sure you submit an MP3 file of whatever it is you did.

- No minimum song length requirement.

- Submission is not anonymous, I mean we're all in that damn IRC channel so we know who's entering anyway....

Judging and Winning

- This is more for the sake of improving our abilities to get ideas down than it is to win, but we will collectively pick 3 winners every time. You might even get a PRIZE!

That's it. Come in and let's ROCK!

TOMORROWS THEME IS: Nintendo DS games! (NO PORTS OF GAMES FROM OTHER CONSOLES)

Now choose your songs and wait patiently to ROCK THE FUCK OUT!!

P.S. Fuck Easter, this is more important :D

Nice, I really like this idea of a theme actually, because I never have time during a week for PRC, and OHC is good, but it's for originals and it's a little ridiculous. Sadly I won't be able to enter for this first time, I'm gone for the whole week.

Have you ever been to an OHC? Haha, it's a riot but the mixes are almost always a complete and total joke.

As a matter of fact, I've been participating the last three rounds. ;-)

So I'll be sure to remember your kind words the next time I enter.

DS games, let's see...

Think I would probably go for GuiltyGear DustStrikers, Castlevania Order of Ecclesia, or even Nanostray.

But that's if my irc client is willing to work actually! :mrgreen:

Have you ever been to an OHC? Haha, it's a riot but the mixes are almost always a complete and total joke.

This is true, rofl. Nekos song from a recent OHC is bad ass its hilarious. its all fun and games, but kinda just for some practice, is what its aimed at. to get better :P