Folder Permissions

phill

I recently had a hard drive fail on me, weirdest way I've seen a hard drive fail too, and now that I got all my data moved to the new harddrive I am having to reset the permissions of the profiles since I don't want to reinstall windows(There is a reason and if you really want to know feel free to ask). The regular user profiles were easy, didn't take much to remember and set those up. The special profiles, for a lack of a better word, I can't for the life of me remember or find the default permissions. If someone could check the permissions under Windows XP for the folders 'All Users' 'LocalService' 'NetworkService' and 'Default User' that would be awesome. That is assuming you have all of those profiles, if not give me what you got and I'm sure I can hunt down the others.....eventually.

If the users you're talking about are the ones from Documents and Settings, I have All Users and Default User, but neither of the other two.

All Users
Administrators - Allow: Full Control
Everyone - Allow: Read & Execute, List Folder Contents, Read
Power Users - Allow: (everything but full control)
SYSTEM: Allow: (full control)
Users: Allow: Read & Execute, List Folder Contents, Read
Default User
(Same as All Users, but Power Users have same permissions as Users)

That is exactly what I needed, thank you. The other two are suppose to be pre-defined accounts with limited permissions used for specific things. They may be hidden or there on mine because of some of the things I have installed.