KNGI VGM Radio: Nitro Game Injection (Sat 7:30 PM ET) & GameFuel

KyleJCrb

It is with a heavy heart that I make this announcement.

Over eight years ago, I began this foray into the world of internet broadcasting, and it has been one amazing ride. But, while I have enjoyed bringing video game music to you along with my cohorts Larry and Audun, I have regretfully decided to retire from my tenure as a webcast host, and the end Nitro Game Injection and GameFuel effective immediately. In the time since I started these shows, my life has changed considerably, and I no longer have the time I once had to dedicate myself to putting together and hosting them. This is not a decision I have made lightly, but I feel that it is the best decision I can make at this time while looking forward.

I would like to make it clear that this is NOT a hiatus, as I have taken several times before. I am no longer hosting Nitro Game Injection and GameFuel, and they will NOT be returning in the future.

I will be releasing the final Nitro Game Injection episode, ‘#145: The Last Hurrah’ this weekend. After that, new episodes will cease to be posted. However, I will continue to maintain KNGI.org through the foreseeable future, so feel free to peruse the episode archives.

Thanks for listening.

wow, that really fooled me. way to go kyle. you played with my emotions. as long as you don't play with my money, then we're straight.

i gotta go stack some paper. big wurm don't play with his money.

also, I may follow your show today for a little while. I may try to leech the host organism. stay tuned for bjkmenu radio beta 2 (possibly)

Edited by bjkmenu

notasinglefuckd.png

also, you need to cohost my show one week ok

but how do I do that over skype goddam

I'd love to, but Wednesday nights are bad for me until June.

Also, the best way to stream with Skype is to get a second sound card and loop it back into your main one (or into your mixer). That's how I do it.

Sometime, I'm going to come raid your show Kyle. And you will love it.

Let's make this happen sometime.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bumping this because we have some awesome guests lined up this weekend on Nitro Game Injection. Ian Flynn, who has probably made more appearances on the show than any other non-co-host, will be coming back as a guest host to pimp the new comic book series he's writing: Archie's Mega Man, out on comic stands now!

Also, Larry and I sat down with Bassil, the drummer of Powerglove, this past weekend while the band was on the road. We will be playing back the great interview we had with him, talking about Powerglove's past, as well as their touring experiences. It's definitely an insightful and entertaining look into an incredible band.

Edited by KyleJCrb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some updates: For the last couple weeks, we've had some HUGE composer interviews on NGI. First up, we dedicated an entire episode to the 20th anniversary of Frank Klepacki, the legendary composer behind the Command & Conquer game series, as well as Star Wars: Empire At War and the upcoming End of Nations. Check it out!

Just this past weekend, we put together a special episode for Commodore computers and the C64 arrangement community, and had the opportunity to sit down with one of the most renowned composers EVER, Chris Huelsbeck! Turrican, Jim Power, Gianna Sisters, and R-Type are just some of the well-regarded franchises that he's made his mark on, as well as composing for new iOS projects like ZombieSmash! and the upcoming browser-based Star Trek: Infinite Space! Listen to it!

This week, we will be welcoming the lovely and talented Laura Intravia on the show, who you might know better as

She is a classically-trained composer, arranger, and vocalist, currently working with the awesome Video Games Live concert series, as well as contributing to her first game soundtrack: Otomedius Excellent. Don't miss it this Sunday!

Had trouble making it out to the live broadcast of Nitro Game Injection because it’s too early? Well, no more. NGI is moving to a new time! You can now hear Kyle, Larry and Suraida discuss the video game music community and listen to great tunes on Sunday evenings at 6 PM Eastern time (3 PM Pacific.) Don’t miss all of the action LIVE on Arecibo Radio.