Am I the only one?

Nekofrog

250px-SMB3_Spike.jpg

You know those "Spike" guys in Super Mario Bros. 3 that are always vacuuming? Yep, that's right, they're vacuuming.

Unfortunately the internet contains no screenshot or sprite of these guys (and the All-Stars version doesn't vacuum), even though there are sprite sheets with all the other SMB3 enemies in the game, and even the king that turned into a Spike, but none with the actual Spike enemy sprite. Does anyone remember the stage they were in, to maybe find a youtube video of it?

And I didn't see the pencil until you mentioned it, but...

pencils aren't black!

Black pencils are black. It looks like a black pencil-crayon.

Regarding the pencil gun, I never played Goldeneye, and I still knew that it was a damn pencil.

In fact, until just now, I was unaware that there was an actual barrel underneath the pencil.

I figured it shot little bits of graphite.

deadly, deadly graphite.

How did you find it???

There is a place full of stuff related to Mario, including gifs. Never heard of TMK?

When it walks (which is most of the time in the game) it looks like it's pushing a vacuum back and forth with its hand. Kind of hard to see in that gif...

Kind of hard to find a decent youtube video of him as well. All speed runs include magic whistles to skip the levels and other cheating.

My first interpretation of the Subrosians in Oracle of Seasons:

By now I'm completely incapable of looking at the sprites and seeing little hooded people.

This could be a whole topic of its own. There are so many sprites I misunderstood as a child. I never got Geno, for one. He always looked like he had a growth on his face, or his nose was mutated or something. Actually hair though.

There are so many sprites I misunderstood as a child. I never got Geno, for one. He always looked like he had a growth on his face, or his nose was mutated or something. Actually hair though.

This.

I thought it was his nose. It wasn't until I bought the players guide that I noticed it was his hair. I knew he had hair of course but I thought they just fucked up the sprite. lol

My first interpretation of the Subrosians in Oracle of Seasons:

By now I'm completely incapable of looking at the sprites and seeing little hooded people.

On this note, did anyone else ever misinterpret/wonder what the hell this sprite from Kid Icarus was supposed to be?

NES-sprites_31.png

I always thought it looked like he was frowning and had a beard.