OCR01829 - Jade Cocoon "Battle ~ Trials of a Cocoon Master"

djpretzel

Hurrah! More Jade Cocoon goodness! Now all we need is a remix of the Spider Forest theme. Of course really I don't know how you'd improve on it...so much fun. Though given what you did with the main theme (People Made of Stone is on my permanent relax playlist on Ye Olde Pod), which I loved dearly since I played the game as a kid, you could do it. (Apparently there is a middle mix too which I missed? Must go find it...)

Good work!

I was converted to AnSo's Church of Jade Cocoon with his last mix, so this is just icing on the cake (and boy do I love icing). Another great job, excellent blended elements, I've never heard the original soundtrack nor played the game (don't shoot me), but one of the things I like about the site is how it allows me to broaden my game music horizons, and Jade Cocoon is certainly no exception, especially when it's being covered by such a masterful arranger as AnSo.

omfg dulcimer- and it sounds awesome! Please share your dulcimer secrets with me! ;_;

Excellent lead in with a great blend of instruments, nice and beefy gated synth and a lot of well-chosen percussion. Though melodically it really isn't doing a lot for me, the textures are exquisite, and the mood is dense and hypnotic. This would be perfect for looping all day at work, except that there's so much cool stuff going on that I keep stopping and focusing on the music.

Great stuff, in a passive-aggressive way. I think the jungle statement earlier is pretty apt- no one element really stands out completely, but you are completely surrounded in this one.

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, this is your best work thus far, man! Last track that I enjoyed from you so much was that Cheetamen one.

I don't even known the source material and I still find this to be extremely groovy. You blend the electronic and ethnic sounds quite well, and I can't help but move my body and bob my head as I listen to this remix.

God I wish that I've played Jade Cocoon and its sequel right now.

• 2 weeks later...

I gotta tell ya... You're my hero, Another Soundscape! I've been a big fan for Jade Cocoon ever since it came out, and I was freaking ecstatic when I found "People Made of Stone." I'm glad you're pushing for the Advancement of Jade Cocoon Enlightenment. I've always found myself humming the original version of this song unintentionally, and you just made it better; now it'll never leave...

Great work, man. Keep it up. Oh... I don't suppose you could make a remix of either The Blue Cocoon-Master ~ Koris or Masked Man ~ Lui? If you made one of either song, I SWEAR I'd make a shrine dedicated to you :razz:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I was sitting here thinking "Man, I wish somebody would remix the Jade Cocoon battle theme." I checked OC Remix and voila! My wish had been granted.

Awesome as always, Another. Your Jade Cocoon works have always been my favorites here. You managed to take a song I already loved and always had stuck in my head, and made a version with even stronger qualities!

It's hard to finish this reply as I keep getting distracted by the song itself, so I'm going to end it here. :D

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01829 - Jade Cocoon "Battle ~ Trials of a Cocoon Master"