ALBUM PROJECT: DKC2 "Memories of Krem Quay" (Update)

POCKETMAN

RTKQCDCover2.jpg

Welcome to "RETURN TO KREM QUAY" the unofficial Donkey Kong Country 2 remix album that I alone am creating.

Now, before you go "psh" and leave, stay and listen for one sec. Ya, OL and OC have a remix project for this album, so, that's cool. I'm going for 1 style, 1 arranger, and 1 point... more Donkey Kong Country 2 music. I am remixing my favorite 8 songs from the soundtrack. They are not in any order, other then when I finished them. Feel free to comment. All song are posted in their finished version. So don't say something like "you need to work on this section" because I'm not gonna. And my 1 style is a chill out rock, of sorts. Thanks, and enjoy. I just want to share some music.

TRACKLIST

1. The Bramble 4/12/09 Bramble Blast

2. Life in Mudhole Marsh 4/13/09 Mudhole Marsh

3. Shivers 4/15/09 Arctic Abyss

4. Gloomy Thicket 4/17/09 Web Woods

5. Exploring the Abandoned Mine 4/19/09 Kannon's Klaim

6. Murky Waters 5/4 Lockjaw's Locker

7. The White Lagoon 8/11/09 Donkey Kong Rescued

8. Mechanical Meltdown 9/15/09 Hot-Head Bop

Website

THE NEXT CHAPTER:

Memories.jpg

This may sound weird but I wanted to try something really different. I am remixing a new CD of remixes from my own CD that remixes Donkey Kong Country 2. Make sense? No... ok. In other words I will be mixing the same songs listed above, but in totally different styles. Almost like if a band remixed their own songs. I will mix them in the same order. But not just in chill out rock. I will hit every genre in this project and make it a completely different sound from Return to Krem Quay. If you're lost, then just enjoy the music. DKC2 never gets old. Oh, and i'll be adding a bonus mix, cause I missed one last time that I really wanted to do. So, ladies and gentlemen I present: Memories of Krem Quay!

TRACKLIST:

1. Ghostly Connection 3/21/10 Bramble Blast

2. Memories of Krem Quay 3/23/10 Mudhole Marsh

3. Arctic Abyss

4. Web Woods

5. Kannon's Klaim

6. Lockjaw's Locker

7. Donkey Kong Rescued

8. Hot-Head Bop

9. ???

I really appreciate for what you have done, this means so much too me besides my fav vg remixes and tracks are DK anyway keep up the good work and I'll be looking forward to your other tracks thanks ^^

oh and I do loved your old remix Bruised By The Thorn hope there'll be future remixes on other dk tracks especially bad bird rag.

I'm working on a better version of Murky Waters.

I know I said all these are final. But it needs a little EQ work and better panning. Nothing else, the song itself won't change.

The link will remain the same.

Cut me some slack. :) Those who know me know that this is as far from my usual stuff as i've ever gone.

EDIT: It's up and done. And I know it's more "metal" then "chill out rock". But hey, i'm not perfect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some of this is kind of hit and miss with me.

Specifically, when I heard the Bramble remix, I was a tad disappointed, but I was a fan of most after that. The percussion when the melody came in in Life in Mudhole Marsh felt really weird at first, but it grew on me I suppose. Looking forward to more.

• 1 month later...
The source for The White Lagoon sounds familiar. Was it originally in the first Donkey Kong Country? Or maybe I just heard it somewhere...

Anyway, sounds pretty cool. I really like the intro with the synthy electric piano-y thing when the drums come in.

Thanks. I'm not sure, i think it's only in DKC2 though.

Final version of "The White Lagoon" is up. FYI, out of all the songs in this project this was by far the toughest to do. I was trying to do 4 things. 1. Remix the already awesome song. 2. Make it more mellow and calming than the others. 3. Capture the true feel of the last moment before something huge in your life happens. Such as the night before a big baseball game, or something. You know. and 4. Have a weird, break down, kinda lead into the last song. The piano solo. Anywho, just thought I would post this so anyone can sorta get the idea behind this song.

I look forward to completing this VERY soon. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Just found this project. I'm gonna listen to these and tell you what I think tomorrow :]

I'd say that while all the songs are enjoyable and fairly well done - to be perfectly honest - they do lack that professional polish that I'm used to hearing from the veterans around here and elsewhere. That's not to say that the songs are amateurish, per se, but rather that they are a bit more cut-dry than... some.

Even so, these songs got me through a restless night, so thank you, and keep up the good work :]