Mega Man Battle Network 3 Title ReMix

jabond23

Ok, i know i've got the other 2 mixes (Zelda NES labyrinth, and FF4 battle), but on my youtube page someone requested this remix. I've only really had a few requests, so i like to make sure i try to get to them all.

This one was a bit of a challenge only for the second part of the source (

) which begins around :19 or so. In my ReMix, i put a lot of emphasis on the first part of the source cause that part i knew it already. The second part of the source took me a while to learn some of the notes and i still don't really know how to play the lead.

http://tindeck.com/listen/djhy

I called it 3rd Strike to go along with the MMBN 3 name. Also, i'm not really sure how well the middle meshes with the rest of the song, or at least the parts around that section. You'll see what i mean. I did try to make it sound good. Please let me know what ya think? :)

Sounds like this could benefit from less of a studio sound and more of a concert sound - meaning more reverb, more panning, stuff EQd to fit that. At this point, it sounds like you've only done the arrangement, not much on the production. 3/4 through the drums and the chippy melody seem to disagree on the tempo. The bass drum needs more bass.

Cool track, great arrangement, nice interpretation... but your hihats suck. :P

Sounds like this could benefit from less of a studio sound and more of a concert sound - meaning more reverb, more panning, stuff EQd to fit that. At this point, it sounds like you've only done the arrangement, not much on the production. 3/4 through the drums and the chippy melody seem to disagree on the tempo. The bass drum needs more bass.

Cool track, great arrangement, nice interpretation... but your hihats suck. :P

I took your advice and tried to make it more of a concert sound instead of a studio sound. I also fixed the drums 3/4 the way through like you noted. As for the hi-hats, you'll have to deal with it! :P Nah, j/k, if i feel like sometime soon i'll change those around.

Anyways, a made of sound changes/fixes to this mixdown and i really like where its headed now. For the time being, i can only upload to rapidshare. I'll fix that ASAP. :)

http://rapidshare.com/files/224416471/NintenJoe_64_-_3rd_Strike__Megaman_BN_3_Title_Screen_.mp3

As for the hi-hats, you'll have to deal with it! :P

Takin' on Rozo? Gutsy.

Okay, Mr. Perpetually-Inspired, I don't know how you do it, but this, too, is awesome. Maybe a little repetetive in the beginning (some of your killer soloing would spice up the melody), but once the chorus comes in, it's just incredible. The rhythm guitar progression is tight and very edgy. I love the use of sound effects (as in your LoZ mix). Drums around 2:45 are very dynamic and sound great without being distracting. It sounds like there's a little too much going on when the chippiness begins around 3:12 (but maybe that's the point?). Ha! Death sound to bring in the main instruments again = sweet and hilarious.

Great work. Do you ever run out of ideas? Seriously, how do you do it?

Takin' on Rozo? Gutsy.

Okay, Mr. Perpetually-Inspired, I don't know how you do it, but this, too, is awesome.

First off, thanks for that and the compliments, lol! :)

I was thinking that the intro (before the chorus part) could use a solo or 2. It would add a little more epic-ness ot it. I hope...

Also, during the 3:12 part, i tried balancing the parts out equally and got it mostly sounding good. But i think i'm gonna switch it around slightly still but not too much. Does the last chorus sound ok, quality wise? Cause there's a lot going on there to and I wasn't sure if it too clear or not. Other than that, i think i might change the EQ on the drums just a bit to more power to the bass drum.

Does the last chorus sound ok, quality wise? Cause there's a lot going on there to and I wasn't sure if it too clear or not. Other than that, i think i might change the EQ on the drums just a bit to more power to the bass drum.

The second-to-last chorus is great, particularly the contrasting soloing in the background. My only suggestion for the last chorus would be to change the levels of the two main guitar solos so that one is clearly different from the other (starting at 4:15). Either that, or have them play back and forth, switching the dominant one (like a rock battle).

The second-to-last chorus is great, particularly the contrasting soloing in the background. My only suggestion for the last chorus would be to change the levels of the two main guitar solos so that one is clearly different from the other (starting at 4:15). Either that, or have them play back and forth, switching the dominant one (like a rock battle).

Actually, ya know that wouldn't be such a bad idea. I'll have to mess around with that and see if i can that to work. If not i'll change the EQ so you can hear both solos a little better. And i'm glad all the parts sounded good so far. :)

Ok, so here's my 3rd update for this mix. I added a lot to it. You'll probably notice thats now 5:14 long instead of 4:31 now. I did this to add more dimension in the middle of the track.

Mostly a couple synth solos, and i might still add an actual guitar solo here and there somewhere else in the song, besides the couple that are already there. I changed the full orchestra track to just strings and integrated them a lot more into the mix. Also i fine tuned the choir/chorus and added a couple more choir parts throughout the song. The most note-worthy change is the first chorus. I changed it up a bit so it wasn't so repetitive. I added a synth harmony and choir to it as well. I'm still not really sure if the bass drum is too overpowering. I think i got it just right, but my speakers (even with a subwoofer) are years old and need to be replaced. Still i think its just right though.

Let me know what ya think of it now? And as always i really appreciate any and all feedback you guys leave me! :)

I'm still using rapidshare cause damn tindeck keeps giving me "Somethings gone terribly wrong!" 404 errors...damn it....oh well :)

http://rapidshare.com/files/226086593/NintenJoe_64_-_3rd_Strike__Megaman_BN_3_Title_Screen_3rd.mp3

I've got a new update for my MMBN 3 ReMix. The big update here is the length, as its now 7:29 long. The obvious reason for this is epic quality. I added a lot of stuff to this including numerous lead parts, some piano stuff, a couple techno sounding instruments, and more involved "mid-section".

I'm mostly doing this for my own amusement, but this project has produced one of my favorite ReMixes to date, and i'm not trying to find praise. I'm seriously interested in whether or not this could qualify for anything, mostly OCR. The length would probably deter most the judges, but still, it would be nice.

http://rapidshare.com/files/228085442/NintenJoe_64_-_3rd_Strike__Megaman_BN_3_Title_Screen_.mp3

The length would probably deter most the judges, but still, it would be nice.

Length itself hardly would, it's just has to be good and consistent and avoid having "length for length's sake". A technical concern is OCR's size limit, which means lower kbps for the MP3 compression i.e. ending up with lower audio quality.

--Eino

Length itself hardly would, it's just has to be good and consistent and avoid having "length for length's sake". A technical concern is OCR's size limit, which means lower kbps for the MP3 compression i.e. ending up with lower audio quality.

Yeah, my current version is over 16mb so that wouldn't fly too far with them i think. So far, nothing is too repetitive with this mix. I'm try to keep it interesting throughout the whole piece.

...its now 7:29 long. The obvious reason for this is epic quality.

Couldn't have said it better myself. It is quite obvious that this is quite epic.

I'm mostly doing this for my own amusement, but this project has produced one of my favorite ReMixes to date, and i'm not trying to find praise. I'm seriously interested in whether or not this could qualify for anything, mostly OCR.

I can tell that you've put a lot of energy and passion into this mix. If it's not OCR-worthy, I don't know what is (and haven't a prayer for my own mixes).

Review:

The piano is a great way to tie the whole mix together. I enjoy its use in the intro, as well as the different elements which creep in subtly (drums at 0:25, for example). It's a very good intro, as a matter of fact, staying creative and interesting enough to make you feel like the music is going somewhere, not just repeating the same phrase over and over (maybe only increasing in volume or number of instruments).

The synth which joins the guitar around 1:12 adds another layer to the sound, filling things out. There's a little guitar glitch at 1:35 which you may not even bother with, seeing as it's small and natural.

Excellent guitar soloing 2:00-2:25. You've really expanded your repetoire for this bit.

Okay, I get the heebie-jeebies after 2:25. It's all minor and scary and I get the same feeling I do walking into Flash Man's lair with very little energy. It also makes some of the other parts of the song (also minor) fit better.

More great soloing after 3:00. For some reason it's strange notation and the continuous drums remind me of 70s experimental rock. It's also in line with the unique synth solo in the latest Chrono Trigger ReMix.

Did I mention the chorus yet? No? Well, it's another great element which ties things together.

Very nice chippiness starting at 4:23 (but I'm a sucker for that sound). The rhythm guitar sounds a little rough around 4:45. Introducing the piano again at 4:50 fills what was a kind of blank spot before. I'm still get totally psyched when I hear the death sound and wall of rock at 5:03.

You balanced out the dueling guitars very well. The synth at 6:15 is great, a very successful variation from the electric guitar.

The ending/outro is just fantastic. I mean, the guitar blends gently into beautiful choral voices and piano. It sounds just right with that ominous low synth and sound effects.

Phew! What else can I say? Awesome.

This is nice. And, judging by the sizes of the other ReMixes I've downloaded, talk to Disco Dan if you want to get the filesize down. He has an 8:41 ReMix that fit the requirements (barely). BlueLightning, check it out. Ironically, it's a Mega Man 3 Title ReMix. Lovin' the SFX, and OCR needs some EXE in it. And this is a great way to get it in there! Also, nice use of the source. Well implemented.

Thanks glasfen for the comments, they are well appreciated! Also, Mirby too! I have one more minor update to this mix. I shortened the final chorus a bit cause i felt it was a bit overbearing.

The first half of the last chorus before the double bass drum part, i cut half of it out cause i figured the "quiet" part before the rock jumps back in balances it out nicely anyways. Its not much, but it also belps cut down on the length of the song too. Not that i was really all too worried about it anyways. So now the song is 6:52 instead of 7:16 that is was :)

http://rapidshare.com/files/238597763/NintenJoe_64_-_3rd_Strike__Megaman_BN_3_Title_Screen_.mp3

• 3 weeks later...

Update: http://rapidshare.com/files/238597763/NintenJoe_64_-_3rd_Strike__Megaman_BN_3_Title_Screen_.mp3

or Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?aznntnnimyd

I made some tweaks to my mix, including: Better sounding piano melody in the intro and outro, shortened first half of the final chorus so it wasn't completely draggin on, and adjusted parts of the bass boosts so they better synced up. That's really about it.

Not to sound full of myself, but personally i love this mix. I put hours into getting everything to sound just right all over the mix. I'm actually thinking about subbing this one next to OCR hoping they'll accept it! :)

I don't know how you get away with having so much going on during the introduction but still making it sound cohesive (and awesome). Did you add new synths starting at 3:37? They are really nice.

The rhythm guitar still sounds like it gets off-beat a little between 4:41 and 4:50, like it misses a beat somewhere in there and ends on a downward strum instead of an upward strum (if that makes sense). Other than that, I would say it's good to go!

I don't know how you get away with having so much going on during the introduction but still making it sound cohesive (and awesome). Did you add new synths starting at 3:37? They are really nice.

The rhythm guitar still sounds like it gets off-beat a little between 4:41 and 4:50, like it misses a beat somewhere in there and ends on a downward strum instead of an upward strum (if that makes sense). Other than that, I would say it's good to go!

That synth was always there at 3:37, but it was buried and too quiet til i fixed it. As for the guitar around 4:41, i think towards the end at 4:50 somehow i got the 2 guitars on opposite rythyms. So instead on ending on the same upstroke, they end opposite each other. I should probably fix that. ;)

I should probably fix the guitar problem, but i think everything else almost seems like its done.

Update: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4imd2xjdgzt

I did tons of tweaking with EQ's, reverbs, and delays. I think all the individual tracks really stand out and nothing blends in with anything else. My only question is whether or not the bass line/guitar stands out enough. Is there enough bass and does it coincide with the guitar and drums alright?

Other than that i tried tweaking the rhythm guitar around 4:50 so its not so off kilter. I really tried stressing the choir a lot so it stands out but doesn't override any one other instrument. :)

I think i'm gonna sub this one to the judges and see what they think of it. I think i put the most energy into this mix than any of my others so far.

This is pretty cool. I really like the arrangement and performance, everything just sounds kinda compressed, and all panned center. Just like, explore the studio space kinda.

Good stuff though.

Update: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2myiqxxhyym

I've had a lot of time to catch up on my music. :) This is my most current remix, the others i've had recorded for some time. Just needed some more time to get the levels and production where it needs to be.

I took -RK-'s advice and tried to move some of the tracks and instruments across the studio space. Most notably are the leads, if there's more than 1 at a time they are panned to one side or the other the help balance things out a little more. :)

Ya know, for some reason i though files with the same file name wouldn't cause problems when i uploaded them.... I'm not really sure what i was thinking. :)

I uploaded to rapidshare anyways: http://rapidshare.com/files/239245181/NintenJoe_64_-_3rd_Strike_MMBN3.mp3

I finally got my remixes to upload to tindeck, so hopefully i can use that from now on.

stats.png