OC ReMix Members/ReMixers in the Midwest?

TheSnowStorm

So anyway, what is the Midwest? Because really, Illinois (where I'm from) is more east than West - it's such a stupid term.

DEFINE

It's probably related to America being "The West." So the Midwest would be roughly the middle of The West.

Kind of like the Middle East, which is like in the middle of the continent.

At least, that's the only explanation that makes sense to me.

Oh, darn, too bad. Meetups are fun and I would love to go. :( I spent most of my life in Plymouth, IN (so, Platinum Azure, I know your current general area pretty well), and currently live in Fort Wayne, but I'm most likely out of here in a few weeks, off to join the rest of the West coast people.

Sorry to subtract from your numbers of Midwesterners. Makes me feel like a betrayer. :P

No no, you misunderstand. I haven't been here in awhile. That information is old....very old.

I live 12 blocks north of the *Chicago* River, on Dearborn, near Division. I assume you are from the uni of Chicago just south of Union Station....just west of the river, no?

Google Mapping your location, that's kinda far from me...although you do live pretty close to BardicKnowledge.

And what's with all these Hoosiers here? I hope you guys don't go to IU :razz: .

No no, you misunderstand. I haven't been here in awhile. That information is old....very old.

I live 12 blocks north of the *Chicago* River, on Dearborn, near Division. I assume you are from the uni of Chicago just south of Union Station....just west of the river, no?

I'm at UIUC...so in Champaign-Urbana, 2 - 2 1/2 hours south of Chicago.

I'm at UIUC...so in Champaign-Urbana, 2 - 2 1/2 hours south of Chicago.

Yes, yes I see that now.....when I did the search, the university downtown came up as the "University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign" so now I am thoroughly confused. Labeling mistake??

I went through this thread thinking I had posted in here before.....weird.

Anyway, I live in Waukegan, IL. I'm about 5-10 mins from Six Flags Great America and about 45 mins to an hour north of the chicago. Mustin knows where I live, he used to live around here (for a little bit).

Edit, oh duh it was another thread from before the new year that I posted where I live. LOL

I played in several basketball tournaments there back in high school. Small world.

Haha, more like small town. It's actually where I met Nekofrog, too.

Also, Bahamut, I went to school in a tiny town 45 minutes away from where I am now, at a tiny private university by the name of Manchester College, so nope, no IU for me.

Are you one of those deluded ND football fans or just a normal one?

Well, I'm in the band so I kind of HAVE to care at least a little about the football team, but I generally prefer hockey (which is a legitimately good team, even if we did suck it up majorly in the NCAA regionals).

I don't subscribe to the Notre Dame "cult", if that's what you mean. (Of course not many actually refer to it as a cult, but if you think about it...)

Well, I'm in the band so I kind of HAVE to care at least a little about the football team, but I generally prefer hockey (which is a legitimately good team, even if we did suck it up majorly in the NCAA regionals).

I don't subscribe to the Notre Dame "cult", if that's what you mean. (Of course not many actually refer to it as a cult, but if you think about it...)

Nothing wrong with following the school team...but yeah, I meant the super delusional ones out there as referred to here:

Nothing wrong with following the school team...but yeah, I meant the super delusional ones out there as referred to here:

Ahahaha, that's a BC thing though. I'm... just not going to say anything more about that.

I'm going to support my team through thick and thin, alright? ...I'm just not going to talk trash (and what I just said above doesn't count, and you'd know why if you ever heard me ACTUALLY talk trash) until we're good again.

You missed us, man! We played a show downtown (about 200 yards from Scarpino's) on April 11 - it was an awesome turnout.

Ah well.

So anyway, what is the Midwest? Because really, Illinois (where I'm from) is more east than West - it's such a stupid term.

DEFINE

Aw for real? On the 11th my friend and I went floating in kayaks 8 miles down the Buffalo River, then camped out that night and got further inebriated haha. I may come back to visit in the summer to further enjoy that gorgeous land of yours. Not sure if you're having any shows then. I'll keep my fingers crossed when the time comes.

This was the exact thing I thought of when I heard Notre Dame.

Also, I'm for Illinois. Southern suburb of Chicago, but now I'm at Urbana for higher learnins.

And I'd say Midwest is mostly anything on Central time (and Indiana).