VG SFX In Real Life

BlackPhantom

So as I exited the automatic doors of a shopping center today, the doors made a sound that reminded me of a sound effect from the original Starfox. There was also a time a while back when I went into a convenience store and the cash register made a sound just like the sound effect for Sonic grabbing a ring.

So I was just curious: has anyone else heard things that reminded you of video game sound effects?

Either these things are just a coincidence, or a sign that I've spent too much of my life playing video games. Probably both.

There was also a time a while back when I went into a convenience store and the cash register made a sound just like the sound effect for Sonic grabbing a ring.

When my friend used to work at a gas station by his house, he told me that's what the register sounded like.

once i was walking into a safeway with my cousin. On the way through the parking lot, he was fiddling with his phone. when we got to the automatic doors, he pressed a button and all the sudden i heard that zelda chime that happens when you find a secret. I was lolling all over the place

That's pretty classic. I don't think I have any real-life examples like this. :-(

Not exactly SFX.. but there is apparently a truck that drive around town here selling various southern foods like boiled peanuts. they play music like an icecream truck.

I was unaware of it at the time and exited my grandmothers house a year or so ago only to hear the Super Mario Bros. underworld theme echoing through the trees, complete with in-game sound effects.

I was bewildered.

So I got in a fight the other day, and after I handed this dude's ass to him, I heard a disembodied, booming voice say "FINISH HIM". I proceeded to laser the guy with my eyes, causing him to burst into flames. The same voice proclaimed "SammyG WINS. FATALITY". Then a second disembodied voice squeaked "Toasty!"