That stupid smirk

lazygecko

Fixed that for ya.

Sonic_adventure_2.jpg

And it wasn't just the 90s. EVERYONE in this picture (except for tails and shadow) is sportin' that sleazy grin. Shadow probably knows what's in the future for him, though, so I can understand why he doesn't look happy.

In that pic, Sonic has Attitude, Shadow has Badidude. Tails has the geek worry face, whereas Eggman has the Geek excitement face. K.N.U.C.K.L.E.S. has the "gangsta" gonna fuck you up face, Rouge has the slutty I'm gonna fuck you face...

The comp is actually quite interesting.

In that pic, Sonic has Attitude, Shadow has Badidude. Tails has the geek worry face, whereas Eggman has the Geek excitement face. K.N.U.C.K.L.E.S. has the "gangsta" gonna fuck you up face, Rouge has the slutty I'm gonna fuck you face...

Maybe SEGA is trying some subtle social commentary about 90s vs. 00s culture and overall paradigm. =O

Originally Posted by DJMetal viewpost.gif

Fixed that for ya.

Sonic_adventure_2.jpg

And it wasn't just the 90s. EVERYONE in this picture (except for tails and shadow) is sportin' that sleazy grin. Shadow probably knows what's in the future for him, though, so I can understand why he doesn't look happy.

I'm not going to lie, that analysis of smirks was amazing. Thanks, Author; I wish I had your skillz and attitude (I'm sure your wearing that damn smirk right now :tomatoface:).

Baditude? No.

Doesn't anyone else remember how much the word "attitude" got thrown around in the 90s? Even in Power Rangers, Zordon told Alpha 5 to find him five teenagers "with attitudes."

Sonic, he can really move?

Sonic, he's got an attitude?

Anyone?

My first thoughts after reading this: "Ok, now I HAVE to post a picture of Poochie!"

*scrolls down*

Poochie.gif

Hmmm.... Needs a bit more attitude.

Blast!! Well played sir.

Is there anything you wouldn't hit with your rod?

As soon as I put "hit that" in my post I realized I needed to word it in an unambiguious fashion... didn't do a very good job of that now, did I? XD

Also tell your wife I said hi :wink:

[Edit]

On second thought, don't. That was a pretty sad joke, and there's no sense making it more awkward ><

I thought it would be pretty funny if a mod moved this thread out of Off Topic, but then it happened... and it wasn't funny =(

If this thread would have been created in General Discussion, it would probably be moved to off-topic! Now any unregistered user can read my compromising statements about... certain things.

But back on topic: the Kirby box art comparisons are pretty funny. Especially "Nightmare in Dreamland" ^_^

Oh good grief @ the Kirby covers.. maybe it's just because they're side to side, but I have a completely different reaction to each. The Japanese cover of Squeak Squad gives me the vibes of carefree adventure, and instantly reminds me what I enjoyed about NES/SMS games as a kid. The angry eyebrows totally ruin that for me. It's amazing what a couple of lines can do. Great thread!

--Eino