That stupid smirk

lazygecko

Here's an interesting comparison. Note that back when I bought this game, it was still a little embarrassing.

image01.jpg

This is the NA box art.

11222-cover_hires.jpg

And this is the Japanese box art.

They're replaced all of Dewy's little similar villager friends with all the monsters, and got rid of the rainbow in the title logo. Dewy's body is also made to look shinier and more like chrome than on the japanese box.

That said the game was a pretty challenging platformer and Dewy was still adorable, making all sorts of baby noises. D'awww.

Umm... to quote Dane Cook here, that dolphin is a 'BAMF'. He's just itching to kick the shit out of underwater... stuff. I like the Japanese jelly thrown in there, though - keepin' it real for all of us.

I'm sorry, but I've gotta say the American version of River City Ransom is way better than the Japanese version, there. It doesn't make up for the crap we did to poor Kirby, though :-x.

I'm sorry, but I've gotta say the American version of River City Ransom is way better than the Japanese version, there.

I actually kind of wish the photorealistic painting style of vg covers would make a comeback. I'd buy a game in an instant if I saw a cover like that on the racks of Gamestop.

Ah yes good ol' Street Fighter II Turbo cover art.

I'm more partial to the Special Championship Edition cover.

Bison's such an asshole, kicking Guile in the middle of his boom, messing up his hair, all the while sarcastically flashing peace signs in his face.

104175542200.jpg

regular SFII comes a close second, for limpwrist Ryu and rapeface Blanka.

103437883500.jpg

Bison's such an asshole, kicking Guile in the middle of his boom, messing up his hair, all the while sarcastically flashing peace signs in his face.

No, no, no. He doesn't want any trouble. M Bison is just doing a Nixon impression... it's cool guys.

edit: ALSO, if I didn't know the move that Bison was doing, one might assume he's just sitting on a crate in a very flamboyant fashion.

104175542200.jpg

regular SFII comes a close second, for limpwrist Ryu and rapeface Blanka.

103437883500.jpg

WTF why Chun-Li has no thunder thighs and also, it's been a while since I've seen both artwork. Thanks for the memories.

It's not box art but it's official art with the main character and his smirk:

hectortd6.jpg

284531073_318dc2d91b.jpg?v=0