chill out

hallfprice

I'm gonna side with Meteo Xavier on this one - this isn't really a remix at all. It pretty much sounds like a sped-up version of the original with an added drum beat. We need something that mixes up the source at least a little bit.

Rozovian had a mix of this up a little while ago - I'd suggest listening to that in order to get some ideas of where you could've taken this. It's quite well done, as it takes the source in many unexpected directions (while still keeping the feel of the source at the same time).

Good luck with your next mix.

Rozovian should have the dignity to be an accepted Ocremixer before people are ripping him off.

Gah, this whole topic leaves a wrong taste in my mouth.

I wasn't suggesting anyone 'rip him off'. I was pointing out an example of a remix vs a straight arrangement. Rozo does quite well changing things up for that exact source, so I figured it was an excellent example to use. Sometimes it's best just to give an example and Rozo's song was perfect for that job.

Besides, he IS an accepted OC remixer, even though that particular song hasn't gone through the judging process yet.

This thread is not about me. :P I don't mind reading about me, but...

I'll have to echo MX and Gario on this, sped up original with dnb-ish drums. Wouldn't get on ocr... ever. You'll have to be more creative with it, write your own progression, arrangement, etc. use the the midi you based this on for reference so you get the notes right if you need to.

Listen to music here on ocr, especially stuff released the past few years, and compare this to that. This is whiny and weak by comparison. Try to figure out what makes ocremixes sound better, and then try to apply that to your own works.

Chill Penguin in dnb? Could work. Good luck.