Midwest meetup?

Bahamut

Urbana is boring don't come to Urbana.

Chicago is a good place to meetup. It has a lot of fun things to do, relatively easy to get around, and plenty of lodgings.

(Baha I can send you a video of fun things to do in Chicago, since I don't want to pass it out around here)

(spoilers: it's the remod meetup in Chicago)

If you guys decide Chicago is the best place to meet-up (which it is), make sure to eat here for breakfast:

IMG_2140.jpg

It's like 3 blocks east of the Sears (willis) Tower, but a simple google search can give you a more exact location.

Maybe down the road we can all meet up in Ann Arbor, Michigan for the Top of the Park Summer Festival? The OneUps are playing, along with MC Frontalot and a showing of Kong of Kong. Monday June 29

T'will be good times. And free.

Yes?

I would definitely attend an Ann Arbor meetup :D

I will never, ever, step foot into such a whore of a town.

Baha, if you go, you better not come back.

Afraid of a few wolverines??

I will never, ever, step foot into such a whore of a town.

Baha, if you go, you better not come back.

Afraid of a few wolverines??

39838.imgcache

I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it.

^ Win!

As I had indicated in the other thread, I'm game for a meetup. Really I could probably find time for a weekend drive down to Chicago any time during the summer (I do have a car that I have faith in, as well), but I think the best time for me is still just past the 17th of May, since I'm already going through Chicago when I drive back from Notre Dame to my home in MN.

Would anyone else be game for the 18th/19th/20th or thereabouts?

^ Win!

As I had indicated in the other thread, I'm game for a meetup. Really I could probably find time for a weekend drive down to Chicago any time during the summer (I do have a car that I have faith in, as well), but I think the best time for me is still just past the 17th of May, since I'm already going through Chicago when I drive back from Notre Dame to my home in MN.

Would anyone else be game for the 18th/19th/20th or thereabouts?

I'm game for any of those dates, although they are weekdays...which may affect others. It'd also be nice to know if anyone in the Chicago area itself would be willing to host.

I'm game for any of those dates, although they are weekdays...which may affect others. It'd also be nice to know if anyone in the Chicago area itself would be willing to host.

Okay, so I'm a complete newbie to the community and all that, so let me ask this-- how long do meetups tend to go, usually? Are they just one-day affairs a lot of the time, or what?

I was assuming it was two or three when I made that post... I don't want to spend TOO much time in no man's land between the 18th (when I leave school) and whenever it happens, if I'm going to try to do a meetup strictly on the way home from school... so I was really thinking it would start on like the 19th at very latest.

So if that doesn't work for people-- and it is a weekday, after all-- that's understandable and fine by me. I'll just sit back and see what everyone else comes up with.

Depends really. VGL DC lasted from Friday to Sunday afternoon, but part of it was that a lot of us knew each other well, and we had a BBQ on Saturday afternoon. MAGFest lasts like 4 days, but...that's MAGFest. A lot of meetups are like 1 - 1 1/2 day affairs, the spillover being from spending the night at someone's place and having brunch the day after.

I have to say though, if we do something in Chicago, people will have to give suggestions on what to do, because I don't know Chi-town that well.

Chicago here. It needs to be accessible and close to a bus/train stop. I don't want to walk miles (don't have a car yet). Semester ends May 16 for me. I have summer classes starting June 3. Since I'll be a full-time student, I'll be getting a free cta pass.

It should be from Fri-Sun so that it doesn't interfere with anyone's class schedule.

If it's May, then it should be after semester ends and before summer semester begins. I'll be free that time. If it's during my summer semester, then it should only be Fri-Sun. I prefer it to be during noon.

Chicago is a great place. So great that it's hard to decide on a location. Since I want to bring my laptop, make sure the place has wifi and a power outlet.

Anyone here an audiophile? I might get some folks from head-fi to come over. I've never heard high-end audio before, but as an audio enthusiast, it would be an opportunity for me to listen to some. I can ask the folks there to help pick a great location in chicago. But first I wanna know if anyone here is interested in hifi sound.

pretty much if you love roller coasters ohio is the place you wanna come to at least once to ride everything at cedar point

The downhill dragster is the best ride I've ever been on.

I don't care if it's only 17 seconds long. I also don't care about the drop. The acceleration is sex. 120 mph in less than 4 seconds.