Zelda Remix By Sweendrix: Part 2: Underworld Movement...Any Suggestions for Direction?

Sweendrix

I'm developing a two...potentially three part Zelda Remix...and I'd like any suggestions of particular Zelda themes which the section below could flow into nicely...

Also...does this section have too much going on? Not Enough? I appreciate your help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1B8oFD4ZcA

For Those who aren't familiar with my project I have provided links to Part 1 as well as the intro to part two below.

Part 1:

Part 2 Intro Only: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqQH-wpIpBk

Looking for opinion on the Zelda Overworld/Underworld Remix. Specifically the ending...which starts at about 5:15. I've made some changes to the main mix, and there is still some work left to do, but it is coming around nicely. I'm looking for ideas...suggestions...audio critique...anything that might help. I appreciate the interest...

Sweendrix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOiOKNx5mO0

I was wondering if anyone had some good mastering tips for me as I work on the "Path of the Oracle" rock remix of the original zelda overworld and underworld. The song has come together nicely...with an epic ending...but i'm looking to tune up the EQ and Compression settings a little...

Here is what I have so far...I appreciate your thoughts...

http://ocrwip.fireslash.net/?fid=116

the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-20050531110532687.jpg

Uh? I don't understand why people stay away from this.

Strange...

Anyway, to me it's an impressive song, varied and friggin long!

But the 7 minutes passed by in a flash, and it was very enjoyable to say the least.

As for the critic part:

-It needs more EQ on bass frequencies... or a bass player indeed.

-It could benefit from a piano melody on top of part at 1:55

-At 4:10 you shouldn't go straight to the epic-rock part.

Instead you could add a small melodic portion, with just soundscapes & instruments, but without rythmic/drum at all.

-The ending cut is abrupt... but you already know that, don't you?

That's it for my advices/critics.

I won't be able to help you further, as my knowledge of mastering is still fairly limited.

But I'll be following your progress on this one.

(Oh, and please consider resizing/changing your image, as it impedes the reading of this thread. Thx!)

I gotta say man, i do video game remixes myself, but nothing on this scale. Its hard for me to take what i've got visualized in my head and really lay it down. I've gotten leagues better at it since i started recording my own stuff back in jan 08. I did a zelda remix of the labyrinth theme mainly from the first zelda game. It took me months, as it was basically my first song recorded by myself, to really get the hang of mixing and production qualities.

I am currently working on a Mega Man Battle Network 3 title screen ReMix and i've spent a good week, a couple hours a day or so, working on fine tuning all the notes, chords, solos, etc. to get it to sound just right.

Both parts 1 and 2 from your Zelda remix are awesome. Spefically to this post, as you would probably want feedback on this post would be that the production is spot on, everything is very clear and noticable and nothing overpowers any one other thing. I follows part 1 up beatifully and jumps right in to the labyrinth theme. I like the what sounds like some sort of bell and or organ maybe? It really adds to the guitars nicely. The guitar tone is really good for this source. Its the same sound i was going for in my mix.

All in all, this is shaping up to be a very nice musically themed trip through Zelda. :)

The dungeon theme from Zelda 1 is quite short.. might I suggest adding a little original variation to it?

That's my only gripe. It's a little dull from a compositional standpoint, but I think everything else is perfect.

You might get some people complaining that the melody muds in with the everything else a little bit, but quite frankly I really like that effect. This sucker is radiating with metal.

I eagerly await your next piece.

I feel the same way...and believe me when I say that I have some plans to shake things up with the melody. Think Metallica Master of Puppets just after the breakdown...more as it comes. Hopefully it works out. Thanks for the advice and the listen.