FFVII - Aeris' Theme Remix (Glitch)

Eshmasesh

Been a while since I attempted remixing something for this site. I decided to try my hand at it again, I've made vast improvements in production.

After scrounging through all the videogames I've collected over the years I found FFVII and realized that I never actually finished it. So I started playing where I last left off, finding the keystone just before *OMG SPOILERS* Aeris dies *OMG SPOILERS*. I really paid attention to the music at said scene and was suddenly inspired to remix it.

It's only about a minute long so far but I'd love feedback to see if I'm on the right track.

Here

I'm not someone who can listen to a bunch of glitch songs but I definitely appreciate them just because they do have a really cool sound to them if done right.....unfortunately, I don't think I have what it takes to make a good glitch song, I always make mine too ambient =P

Anywho, I like what you got thus far man, definitely build onto that and just swell it up into something epic!

Interesting.

What you have going is rather nice. I would assume you're going to add more then just piano and drums though as the song progresses. Pads, bass, pady bassy synths, etc.

In my opinion however, the obvious usage of dblue's plugin is a turn-off. It urks me when I hear the same basic dblue pattern of like, tapestop, retrigger, reverse, gate. Now while I'm not saying you can't use it at all, what I am saying is that you should tweak the fuck out of it so it doesn't sound like you're using it. Avoid the dead giveaways like tapestop and the modulation effects.

Keep going, add more, I'll keep an eye on this.

Interesting.

What you have going is rather nice. I would assume you're going to add more then just piano and drums though as the song progresses. Pads, bass, pady bassy synths, etc.

In my opinion however, the obvious usage of dblue's plugin is a turn-off. It urks me when I hear the same basic dblue pattern of like, tapestop, retrigger, reverse, gate. Now while I'm not saying you can't use it at all, what I am saying is that you should tweak the fuck out of it so it doesn't sound like you're using it. Avoid the dead giveaways like tapestop and the modulation effects.

Keep going, add more, I'll keep an eye on this.

Yeah, I'm gonna add a lot more to it. I understand what you mean with dblue, I love the different timbres it produces but I'm still learning how it works. I'll keep your criticism in mind as I develope the track.