PRC145 - Let's Race to the Past (RC Pro Am)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 145

PRCv6-15

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

PRC144 is over. Three songs entered the contest including one of mine. Of course, that one ended last. DjMokram and Ghetto Lee Lewis did better. Ghetto Lee Lewis asked to not vote for his song, but that failed, he won the contest with 26 points. DjMokram received the second place. Both improved their results from PRC142 and PRC143 with one place.

Now it's the challenge to DjMokram to improve one place again and get victory. To the others it's the challenge to prevent that.

With his first PRC win, Ghetto Lee Lewis decided to submit an interesting source from an old game. The composer, Dave Wise, is currently on the front page as the star of an OCR interview, check it out. He became famous with this NES game as well. The game is in the OC-Remix list, but there are no remixes listed in it. This is because there was an Ocremix, but it's not in the list anymore (I accept tunes which don't have a song at Ocremix at the moment. Removed remixes don't count as OC Remixes).

PRC145.jpg

RC Pro Am (NES) - Title

MIDI 1

MIDI 2

ThaSauce link

This game is well known, I played it myself a long time ago. This game is not famous because of the soundtrack. At Vgmusic, only the title song appeared and I don't know there's more music in the game. Checking the Ocremix Removed Database, one remix from Insomnic was found: http://doulifee.com//Storage/OC_Removed/RCProAm_Insomnic_Intro_OC_ReMoved.mp3

This remix is, like the source, not long (only 0:34 and I think the remix is a MIDI rip).

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by SUNDAY May 4th at 5:59 am ThaSauce time (Check my signature (below) and the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. .
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part (however, he's free to submit a Bonus Mix) but his vote will be doubled.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

... By the way, GLL, what the hell do you expect us to do with a 20 second source!? I like the challenge, though :<.

I'm gettting something pretty good out of it, so no worries, I guess (what can I say, I'm resourceful like that...)

Expand it. Most of my remixes were made with a 20 second or less source. If you don't believe me listen to my very own BEER mix of this thing on overlooked remix. I put that together in like an hour or less, if I remember correctly. As terrible as it was I still managed to expand the source to two minutes.

I don't really like remixing the super long songs because it gives you less room to write your own melodies and be yourself. It should be really easy. I think this is a great catchy source tune.

Expand it. Most of my remixes were made with a 20 second or less source. If you don't believe me listen to my very own BEER mix of this thing on overlooked remix. I put that together in like an hour or less, if I remember correctly. As terrible as it was I still managed to expand the source to two minutes.

Don't worry, it's coming along quite nicely. It's about 2 minutes at the moment (and it isn't even finished). I just want to give you a hard time :<.

Don't tempt me - I'll post the hammer theme from Donkey Kong for the PRC if I win next time (I've remixed that before and got about a minute out of it - pretty good at the time, if you ask me :P)... no I won't - that's too cruel.

I hope to see more entries coming in the next three hours. Otherwise....Extension

Extension is fine with me. I was disappointed by this week's turnout. Besides it'll give me time to finish my bonus mix. =) Might want to decide ASAP incase certain remixers are waiting til the last minute to submit. Also might want to ask Gario if he wants to spend any more time on his since he already submitted.

Edit: Prophecy, you might want to keep working on yours a bit more also, if Bundeslang grants that extension. I hope you get over your ear infection soon and can finish this. Sorry when I posted before Gario was the only one with a song posted.

Here's the voting stage

With Ghetto Lee Lewis winning PRC144, the source is R.C. Pro Am. One hour before the deadline only one song was up, from Gario. Prophecy posted his work quick after that. Still, I decided to extend the contest. After the extension, Just64helpin added a song which makes three.

Participants are encouraged to vote, they receive a three point bonus. They can't vote for themselve. The winner from the last round, Ghetto Lee Leiws, has a vote that counts twice.

The mixing stage is over. To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

Participants only have to send in their top 2, they are not allowed to place themself in the top 3.

You have until NEXT WEDNESDAY, May 6th at 3:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner will get to choose the source tune for PRC146 which will start Friday.

The songs:

Gario - AM Trance

Prophecy - Bubblecar Heaven

Just64helpin - Pro Amnesia