Diablo 2 1.13 Patch possibly as soon as next week! Join us!

Tensei

Hm... What about a Druid?

Playing a fury werewolf druid right now and enjoying it more than both my bone necro and javazon.

Capable of soloing hell too. The only times I've died on Hell difficulty were when I got careless in Chaos Sanctuary (Iron Maiden cast on me + entire screen obscured by spambot messages = one dead druid). I can pretty much jump into any group of enemies and come out alive due to the insane amounts of life I steal with every hit. Killing speed is a bit lower than, say, javazons or hammerdins, but I can tank damage like nobody's business.

Awesome class overall :D

I might look into making a kicker/whirlwind assassin next time.

When you look at the tables and code for Diablo II, it's a nightmare to get the game properly balanced. I spent many hours trying to balance the game properly by modding stats, drop rates, damage modifiers; it can't be done. Inserting new music, however, added some much needed flair.

Still a fun game even if it is horrifically unbalanced (and buggy).

Are you talking about me? :???:
So, I've never actually played Diablo...

Yes, according to your earlier response - you're the only one I can think of that hasn't played this game. Isn't it true?

Originally Posted by Gario viewpost.gif

Run a bone necro through Act 2 Hell - every freaking (important) mob is magic immune. Bonermancers have a very, very difficult time there (where poisonmancers would flourish). I've played quite a few 80+ bonermancers - believe me, it's not that simple.

That's what mercs are for.

For the most part, yes - but I cannot kill the final magic immune in the game with a merc, solo (Baal Guardian boss) - he kills way too quickly. Actually, he's poison immune, as well, so necros are pretty much screwed at that guy (except for skelly necros).

Besides, it really sucks when you need to rely on your merc in order to kill a large group of powerful mobs - it took my act 2 merc quite some time with the unique lance (~2000 dmg per hit).

Been doing solo runs, and managed to get my tank barbarian to Act 2. Unfortunately, playing him just doesn't feel exhilerating; granted, he's sturdy and I'm not having too much trouble using him. But single, powerful shot hits is getting kind of dull for me for some reason. Maybe it's because I haven't gotten Berserk or just because I'm not in a party acting like the tank.

Either way, I'm beginning to have seconds thoughts; and second thoughts led me to an old, low level character that's been collecting dust in my account: my Double Throwing Axe Barb. I find it a little odd that I just gave up after I died at Duriel, this being because I died so quickly. I guess I thought my char was a failure.

Yet I think that was due to poor micromanagment that I died, because I started playing him again and I had a blast. His attack rating utterly sick (+1100 at the end of Act 2!? I usually have enough trouble trying to get my character's atk rating at 900), and I just find utter glee in just machine gunning hoards of monsters (And I have yet to get Frenzy. Oh will the axes and knives fly). My only minor qualm is that ammunition is limited, but there's enough that I don't constantly TP for more ammo.

So yeah, I started him back up and with some good hard persistance, managed to kick Duriel's ass. He's at Act 3 and is currently lvl 21. Anyone care to join me for a game tomorrow?

Obsidious, I found 2 gimmershred flying axes on the same day, pretty much the best weapon for a throwing barb, or so I think, you can have them both for free if you're making a thrower again. :P

GIMME!

XD Well, not right away. But by 'make again' I'm assuming you're referring to when we create our characters after the new patch is launched. My question is that will a ladder character being able to go into a non-ladder character's game to obtain the axes? If so, that would be awesome.

In any case, I'll wait on my decision to recreate a throwing axe character, as I want to see how this one handles through the other acts. I'm considering placing Grim Totem in the works for strategic purposes, but may spread my stats too thin. Right now, though, I am leaning more towards a Throwing Barb.

GIMME!

XD Well, not right away. But by 'make again' I'm assuming you're referring to when we create our characters after the new patch is launched. My question is that will a ladder character being able to go into a non-ladder character's game to obtain the axes? If so, that would be awesome.

In any case, I'll wait on my decision to recreate a throwing axe character, as I want to see how this one handles through the other acts. I'm considering placing Grim Totem in the works for strategic purposes, but may spread my stats too thin. Right now, though, I am leaning more towards a Throwing Barb.

No, that's the point, everything that's now ladder will become non-ladder, so I won't be able to give the axes to your ladder char after the reset.

Hey, when the new patch hits I think I may be reinstalling the good ol' D2. Are you guys on East or West, and would you mind if I joined ya?

East.

We'll post later when the patch comes out time/channel to meet, so check here often!

Heh, me and Neko finally got 3 keys of each so we decided to give the mini-ubers a run (first time for us both). Shit was pretty hectic (especially the matron's den), but lifetap, treachery and crushing blow saved the day.

Probably going to tackle Uber Tristram tomorrow (or attempt to do so :P).

name a time. I'll help you guys eat it up.