Orchestrated ReMixes

Urami

I haven't exactly started remixing yet, but I have FL Studio 8. Overall, I want to do orchestrated remixes, but FL Studio 8's sounds are all too techno-y for me. Is there a program designed for this kind of thing? Or a sound pack I can download for FL studio?

If you're looking for free orchestral sounds, you can look into soundfonts. I have a few hosted on my page that will get you started:

http://www.audixmusic.com/documents/freesamples.html

I also know Nutritious has a guide around here somewhere with a few other tips on how to produce orchestral mixes free with FL. He used squidfont (another soundfont) for much of it.

If you're looking for free orchestral sounds, you can look into soundfonts. I have a few hosted on my page that will get you started:

http://www.audixmusic.com/documents/freesamples.html

I also know Nutritious has a guide around here somewhere with a few other tips on how to produce orchestral mixes free with FL. He used squidfont (another soundfont) for much of it.

Thanks for the site! the only problem is I can't find out how to put the file on to FL studio. It says to use SFpack to unpack them, but it won't open in SFpack.

You'll want to learn how to do some simpler music first before doing too much complex orchestral stuff, especially if you're unfamiliar with the program. You use SFpack to unpack the soundfonts, then you can use them with a soundfont player.

Thanks for the site! the only problem is I can't find out how to put the file on to FL studio. It says to use SFpack to unpack them, but it won't open in SFpack.

I think by SFpack, everyone meant SFark right?

Anyway, you unpack soundfonts archives with SFark.

Then use the SFplayer demo integrated in FL, or grab the full version.

And most of all, start small as Zephyr suggested.

Because trying complex things right off the bat, may discourage you in learning how to remix.

Also,

I also know Nutritious has a guide around here somewhere with a few other tips on how to produce orchestral mixes

I would love to find that one!

I think by SFpack, everyone meant SFark right?

Well, I'm not sure what these specifically are compressed by, but there's actually 2 different compression types, sfpack and sfark. Most are done if sfark, but there are several sites that use sfpack instead.

Somehow I thought it would be a guide on how to produce movie-score-quality orchestral remixes like his 'The Galaxy Awaits' one. ;-)

The post hasn't been updated in ages & I don't use FL anymore so...

Anyway, Urami (why does that name makes me think of Jigoku Shojo?) any progress yet?

I would say it also depends on what sound quality you're thinking of getting from your soundfonts/samples.

For realistic sounds, VSTi are the best option, but not the most affordable choice I'm afraid...

Somehow I thought it would be a guide on how to produce movie-score-quality orchestral remixes like his 'The Galaxy Awaits' one. ;-)

The post hasn't been updated in ages & I don't use FL anymore so...

I don't know about movie-score quality, but I appreciate the compliment :). Do people really want a guide or tutorial video for something like The Galaxy Awaits?

does no one here actually use the correct term for 'orchestral' remixes? they're CLASSICAL, people. say 'orchestral' to describe a classical piece in the real world, like a movement from a symphony, and people are going to think that you're smoking puppies on acid.

Music that is listed as Classical can be orchestral, symphonic, chamber style, etc.. Classical is the umbrella word but orchestral is anything with an orchestra so that would also be correct.

• 3 weeks later...