"...I got a rock....."

Meteo Xavier

The title of this thread reminds me of playing Ocarina of Time. I would frequently pick up rocks and wander around carrying them for as long as possible, chanting "i've got a rock... i've got a rock..."

My roommate at the time (whose N64 I was using) found this deeply disturbing.

I can just picture Young Link opening up to a big treasure chest and...

*dadaladadadaladadadalada*

(leans in)

*BAH BAH BAH BAHHHHHHH*

You got...

a rock?!

As soon as you head out the door? Why not you ask BEFORE you buy it if you can check the merchandise?

Cause most of the time gamestop is packed around here. You go stand in line with 10 people and they throw stuff in the box and hand it to you. Besides, it doesn't make a difference if its the wrong game or scratched if you check in store, and go back to the counter. I was saying that I don't see how people get all the way home and realized they got fucked.

Actually the topic title comes from "Its the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" I could just hear it when that child opened his DSi box to find rocks.

Cause most of the time gamestop is packed around here. You go stand in line with 10 people and they throw stuff in the box and hand it to you. Besides, it doesn't make a difference if its the wrong game or scratched if you check in store, and go back to the counter. I was saying that I don't see how people get all the way home and realized they got fucked.

Well, I don't see how its so hard to just ask "Can I look at the disc?" before you hand over your credit card. It holds up the line a robust 29 seconds, but it saves time and effort down the road.

Ah, ripping off Walmart. I think everyone's done it, at least once...

Many years ago my mother bought my older brother the 'Wizard of Oz' for the SNES... we were so disgusted that our cousin rewraped it and we traded the game for Yoshi's Island... I can't say you could get a better deal than that.

But does it keep tigers away?

Yes, it does... give me 138$ for it.

The same thing happened to me before as well! I got a gamecube game for my birthday, which at first looked legit, but when I opened it, it was just a blank mini disc and blank paper stapled together. When I looked closer, the gamecube game case was actually a DVD case and the shrink wrap was not the same. There are definitely people out there ripping stores off by trying to return fake products.

Pretty much every Wal-Mart I've ever been to has been equally bad (except for one I went to in North Bay, Ontario that sold me EarthBound for CAN $40 many years ago).

GameStops can be great or terrible depending on the staff. Of course, if GameStop would pay their employees more than minimum wages, maybe the best ones would stick around more often.

If one GameStop sucks ass, the good news is that there's usually another one within like 3 miles.

Actually the topic title comes from "Its the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" I could just hear it when that child opened his DSi box to find rocks.

Well, I don't see how its so hard to just ask "Can I look at the disc?" before you hand over your credit card. It holds up the line a robust 29 seconds, but it saves time and effort down the road.

well that's fine and good, but neither do I see a problem with checking it right after they give it to you

I can just picture Young Link opening up to a big treasure chest and...

*dadaladadadaladadadalada*

(leans in)

*BAH BAH BAH BAHHHHHHH*

You got...

a rock?!

Hahaha! that would be messed up too. He could however save it for later, wait for the appropriate time, and then throw it at ganodorf.

Then say

Link: "Ha! You thought I was gonna finish you off with some enchanted Light Arrows, NO, my friend, NO! Those are way to good for you my friend...so I decided to kill you with a normal, everyday-looking, flying rock!" :<

Well about the rock case and Walmart...I hope the kid didn't throw the rock at his mom or someone else.

I dunno if my mom told me she bought a Nintendo DS FOR ME, and I open the box and I see this...rock.

That very same rock is about to get HURLED at something or someone, than I'll pick up and take it back to the store of course. :<

Again, you missed the point of my post of "why are people waiting to get home to check the disc" but ok.

I mean grocery shopping. I've never seen a difference between Wal-Mart and any other major grocery store besides the fact that I can actually afford Wal-Mart. Its hard to get "peace of mind" buying less than $30 of food a week.

Indeed. I had to go on $30 on food for two weeks, split between 2 people. Walmart certainly helped, since everything there is cheaper than Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Lowe's Foods, etc...