OCR01835 - Top Gear 2 "Dance Nation"

djpretzel

Well, I have never heard the source tune, or even played the game, but this remix is pretty catchy. The part from the beginning to about 1:33 seems a little long and repetitive (perhaps the nature of the genre you were going for?), but once the main theme of the mix kicks in it really starts to get awesome.

Nice work!

This song finally played on my Mp3 player (I set it to random, and there's like 8 gigs of music on it so yeah, took a while) today, and I was thoroughly impressed. Blind is consistently refining his sound, and it just gets better. Blind, keep up the good work, it's good to see quality dance tracks, especially crafted so well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

As of writing, this is currently #7 on my iTunes "Most Played" list, right after Golbez n Goblins, and closely followed by White Skies. That's a hell of a combo from bLiNd right there, and I always seem to listen to all 3 in one go if I have the time.

The build is certainly long, but it's not boring at all. I love all the false drops that just tease you into thinking it's going to kick off, and when it finally does at 2:15 it's just amazing. The high effervescent synth fizzes along in the chorus, and the unexpected notes in the melody line caught me by surprise at first and really set the mix alight (I'm unfamiliar with the source so don't know if you added those yourself or not). The little break section in the middle is class as well.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01835 - Top Gear 2 "Dance Nation"