Creed and Limp Bizkit reunite!

SwordBreaker

Old but recent news. I'm going to kill myself for bringing this topic up, since a lot of people think both bands are "overrated".

So the original members of each band kissed and made up...and both are planning new albums and tours. I practically grew up with these bands...I love rock thanks to them. So I'm glad that they're back again, especially Creed. I'm sure millions of fans will be happy as well.

Yeah, I know Fred Durst and Scott Stapp were HUGE asses back in the day, hence why a lot of people hate their respective bands. Looks like they've changed for the better, though. I mean, even their own band mates hated them. In the end, both singers are responsible for bringing their bands back together so they must know about their mistakes. Additionally, I don't like when people hate the material just because of the personalities of people who come up with it. Stuff like Durst being a "rap wannabe" and Stapp being an "Eddie Vedder/Pearl Jam" imitator sorts of annoys me. I really don't see those as valid criticisms per-se; just backlash for hating how bad they acted. On the other hand, it's really hard to separate the person from what he does for a living...so I can understand why this backlash occurred with both bands.

Mainstream music can rock...Creed and Limp Bizkit prove so. While they're not the greatest bands on Earth and not the most original, they were great back in the day and I love them. Can't wait for their new material. You can't deny that their band mates have a lot of skill even if you're not fond of the frontmen. Creed's Guitarist, Mark Tremonti, is amazing. Just youtube him and see him in action.

Is there a reason past the shoddy biases of mainstream and anti-mainstream feeds on what dictates the quality of either? Otherwise I can't support your idea.

lol...it's as if my post wasn't written at all. This is the internet after all. :P

While I'm not making fun of the haters by any means, I've heard of this kind of talk so many times..."So, yeah, mainstream music sucks. Scandinavian Nu-Metal Vegetarian Progressive Grindcore bands is where it's all at." Honestly, I never get a valid reason that mainstream band X sucks. In this case, Creed and Limp Bizkit. The hatred of their frontmen blinds everyone so much. Again, I'm not saying that their music is the best ever, but both bands pumped out some pretty good tracks.

lol...it's as if my post wasn't written at all. This is the internet after all. :P

While I'm not making fun of the haters by any means, I've heard of this kind of talk so many times..."So, yeah, mainstream music sucks. Scandinavian Nu-Metal Vegetarian Progressive Grindcore bands is where it's all at." Honestly, I never get a valid reason that mainstream band X sucks. In this case, Creed and Limp Bizkit. The hatred of their frontmen blinds everyone so much. Again, I'm not saying that their music is the best ever, but both bands pumped out some pretty good tracks.

That is a really cool response, not just for creating the single greatest music genre offshoot ever, but I don't see what it has to do with me. :P

I don't hate Creed or Limp Bizkit, but you have to admit, Durst and Stapp are both tools and douche bags a like. Stapp for being an insulting asshole to one of the greatest bands of an era, and Durst because, well...it's Fred Durst... Go look up some shit on youtube...er somethin'.

I don't hate Creed or Limp Bizkit, but you have to admit, Durst and Stapp are both tools and douche bags a like. Stapp for being an insulting asshole to one of the greatest bands of an era, and Durst because, well...it's Fred Durst... Go look up some shit on youtube...er somethin'.

I'll give Durst some credit for stepping out into directing and trying his hat at something he doesn't normally do. It didn't work, but I'll give him points for trying.

While I wouldn't really call myself a fan of either, I fully endorse this post.

Also, I want to start a Scandinavian Nu-Metal Vegetarian Progressive Grindcore band now.

That is a really cool response, not just for creating the single greatest music genre offshoot ever, but I don't see what it has to do with me. :P

I'm not responding to you. I'm just in agreement with you regarding anti-mainstream...unless I understood your previous post wrong. :P

I give full credit to this video regarding the genre I made up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QascXwq-fws&NR=1

Crappy vocals & poor songwriting generally do it for me. Crappy lyrics or lyrics that don't fit a song's style also puts me off big time.

Hahahahaha. Brilliantly put.

you forgot about PaPa Roach. Lyrics that are even worse then Limp.

I have nothing against mainstream rock. There are some bands i like and some i dont. However, I can not stand either of those bands. I never thought Limps lyrics made much sense. Fred Durst just comes off as a wanna be hardcore rap/rock/what ever the fuck he is trying to be, in a band that actually has talent. He just didnt fit. Creed, well, is Creed. i could rant about them but ill just leave it as i dont like them.