OCR01836 - Chrono Trigger "Corrupter of Time"

This remix is truly awesome. It starts out with an epic opening and goes straight for the kill. I've always been a fan of the synth/guitar combo. Also, the section from 1:36 to 2:03 is rather fantastic and, as if that wasn't enough, the ending (IE last 12 seconds) wraps it up so well.

Superb job guys!

Chrono Trigger is one of those games I never played, in turn one of the soundtracks I never listened to. It's remixes like these which make me want to play the damn game! Makes me wonder if the original track is as cool as this remix.

Love the guitar work! Absolutely awesome playing, Tensei. Epic stuff when you go all mellow mid-track and that solo towards the end makes me want to air guitar the hell out of it. Love the orchestral overlay and synth work by Tweek, very Hitoshi Sakimoto-like at some parts (2:05 in particular). Especially love the synth section 1:35 and the solos accompanying the guitar at the end.

Chrono Trigger is one of those games I never played, in turn one of the soundtracks I never listened to. It's remixes like these which make me want to play the damn game! Makes me wonder if the original track is as cool as this remix.

Love the guitar work! Absolutely awesome playing, Tensei. Epic stuff when you go all mellow mid-track and that solo towards the end makes me want to air guitar the hell out of it. Love the orchestral overlay and synth work by Tweek, very Hitoshi Sakimoto-like at some parts (2:05 in particular). Especially love the synth section 1:35 and the solos accompanying the guitar at the end.

Well, the original has a completely different feel from this remix (though it's an awesome song nevertheless!), and yes, you should definitely play Chrono Trigger. :P

Not meaning to downplay Tweek's role in this, but the synth is all me. ;)

Thanks for the comments, guys, I appreciate every single one of them!

• 2 weeks later...

Damn. This just might be my favorite CoT on the site now! It never even crossed my mind to hear this in rock form. I was super impressed with the interpretation, and the execution is just madness. If there is one thing I love, it's genre-bending, and this mix delivers effortlessly in that department.

reMixes that hit me this hard don't come along often. Definitely in my top 20, sitewide. Maybe even top 10. Looks like I'll have to revisit my working list ;)

Tight, great performances!! This made me want to head bang at my chair, and then get on Guitar Hero. Overall, this mix is solid, although I wish it wasn't as "tinny" sounding. I'm wondering if guitars were recorded "Line In" on this. I'm betting with the right amps and mics, with the same performance, this could be a 10/10. The mix hurt this more than anything, but the arrangement and performance kicks ass. Bravo.

• 2 months later...

Starts out great, but right around :47 where it gets to the meat of the song, it just seems to sorta ...lose some of the energy it was building up. It kicks right back up though, so it's forgivable. Very solid remix; love the orchestral touches!

• 9 months later...

When I first heard this song, I couldn't pick out the source tune, but it sounded so familiar. Then I decided to look on here (I had downloaded the torrent), and I could not believe it was Corridors of Time! Then when I listened again, strangly enough, it WAS Corridors of Time! To take such a mellow tune and make it hard, fast and just badass like you did takes some extreme talent. I probably have about 600 remixes, listened to hundreds more, and this by far is my favorite and probably always will be. Awesome work!

Huh, thought I'd commented on this already...

This is seriously a great track, and I love it. One of my favorites. I almost didn't download it at first because I was all, "Corridor of Time? Not one of my favs.." but boredom came and I decided to listen to it and MINDBLOWN! This was when it first came out, mind you. An awesome take on an otherwise lackluster source (in my opinion) and it literally rocks more than Ayla's time period. (couldn't resist the awful reference) Great work! ^_^

• 4 years later...

Great work. It's absolutely mind-blowing. Always full of energy, it's one of my favorite Corridor of Time mixes. It started with some dynamic string action, which later trnsformed into kick-ass guitar part. I especially like when at 1:36 strings and that thing blends with brutal guitar riffs. The drop at 2:03 was short, but sweet as hell. Kudos for making this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01836 - Chrono Trigger "Corrupter of Time"