Gyakuten Saiban 2 - Tachimi ~ Circus Theme

This is one of my favourite tracks in all the Gyakuten Saiban games. I dunno why, maybe it just reminds me of the ad with the guy and the Wheel of (mis)Fortune at the intersections >w> Or vice versa.

I picked it out by ear and threw something together on GarageBand... I left it but now I've listened to it again myself today and thought 'huh, maybe there's some potential?'

Here's the [link!] Have a listen and tell me what you think?

Here's the source:

Starts off pretty good, tho you might want to reduce the really high highs a little, those get a bit shrill. Use the AUGraphicEQ if you want more control than the Visual EQ can get you.

The progression is pretty much the same as the source, you could get more creative with it. The circus rhythm is pretty easy to shape to all kinds of moods. There are also places in this where pauses and breaks could really spice it up, like at 1:28. There's lots of stuff you can do with this source, taking it to ballroom waltz, mallet show-off, rock-ish ballad... or keeping it in circus mood.

The instrumentation sounds pretty good, just needs some more processing to get rid of little flaws (like those shrill highs I mentioned before). Everything sounds pretty exposed, a bit more reverb could give it a more natural sound. Some humanization on the organ would be nice - changes in volume or overall sound would give it some more variation, and there's lots you can do with the writing too.

It's got potential, at least concerning the sound. The arrangement would need some work before having a shot at getting on ocr, tho. Keep working on it, it could be great. :D

Ok man, I really love the Phoenix Wright series (and its soundtracks too), but this track isn't one of my favourites...

Anyway I think it's an interesting choice.

I think the rearrangement is ok, but you need to improve it for OCR; you can in example try to expand it in a sad, nostalgic way, like adding a piano; or maybe something more aggressive, with a heavy drum...

Don't know what else to say, good luck :)