OCR01079 - Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker "Ancient Hero"

djpretzel

Darkesword needs a lollipop. First Party in the Snowland, and now THIS!!! WOOHOO! For being only the second person in the history of OCR to remix a Gamecube game, (The first was DJ Carbunk1e with 'That Balcony Thing' From Luigi's Mansion) This is some awesome stuff. An absolutely epic piece that I think surpasses the original in every way. Excellent stuff. Now if you could only remix Dragon's Roost Island... Anyhoo, Good job, Darkesword!

Darkesword needs a lollipop. First Party in the Snowland, and now THIS!!! WOOHOO! For being only the second person in the history of OCR to remix a Gamecube game, (The first was DJ Carbunk1e with 'That Balcony Thing' From Luigi's Mansion) This is some awesome stuff. An absolutely epic piece that I think surpasses the original in every way. Excellent stuff. Now if you could only remix Dragon's Roost Island... Anyhoo, Good job, Darkesword!

For a good remix of Dragon Roost Isle, search around for Pirates of Dragon Roost Isle by Unknown. Its either on the WIP board or at VGMix somewhere.

Thanks everyone for the feedback on my mix. I also posted this to VGMix earlier this week, and as of this post, it's recieved over a thousand downloads. ^_^ Yay Zelda, I suppose.

I really fell in love with the melody when I heard Laruto play it on her harp; such a beautiful theme. I actually started a techno mix of it, but I put that away for a while upon getting the WW OST. I listened to Laruto's theme and tried to emulate it using my harp and choir samples. This is the first time I've nailed the strums in a harp.

After that, I just sort of developed it from there, adding strings and stuff, as well as the main theme.

Thanks to everyone for giving this song a listen; I think that its an excellent homage to Koji Kondo, who's really, in my opinion, the father of VG music, and a big influence on me. Sure, Nobuo and Mitsuda are geniuses, but Kondo started it all off with his SMB soundtrack, and I don't think he gets the credit he deserves in an endless sea of RPG OST's. The man writes like no one's business.

As for the aforementioned techno piece, here it is, made a bit more generic for your listening pleasure. Personally, I prefer this to Ancient Hero. ;)

Wind Waker - Super Bouncy Hero Mix 2003!!!

Hmm...what else...

Oh yes.

Mixcount+1

^_^

I've heard the Zelda theme so many times already. While there's been some brilliant interpretations, particularly some of the jazz pieces, I didn't think I could particularly enjoy another orchestral mix of the main theme. This, however, exceeded all possible expectations.

This is an absolutely awesome mix. The best new orchestral mix on this site in awhile I think, and one of the best mixes period to be posted on the site recently. And there have been some good ones. I must tip my hat to you sir.

i think i posted about this already in the works in progress forum...

anywhos! This is one of my favorite remixes on the site. easilly one of the most professional. its already made it on cd's of mine from yer final version.

Love the transition to the Zelda theme, its soooooo beautiful. and the ending is perfect too.

so erhm. when ya gonna do some more work on that Magus Take 5 remix? >D heehee.

~poof~

Excellent. One of the few mixes I can listen to on repeat, especially while working on backstory for my D&D campaign.

Still, I think it coulda used more of the Zelda theme, instead of repeating the "Legendary Hero" theme over and over, but otherwise its a near-perfect piece. Two thumbs up. :D

This remix rocks. When I listened to it, I could see myself playing the game. Even though I am a big LOZelda fan, I will judge this using my opinions of remix music. I liked the mix of quiet and loud. Playing musical instuments seems to be a big part of the Zelda games now, and the song makes good use of the instumental music. Great remix.

Oh, man...this piece is really good. I usually don't care for orchestra pieces, but the uses of the different sounds and melody just really got to me. I like this song so much. It's classic, and if you told me it was from the game itself, i probably would've smiled and said "Hell, why not?" Man, this is definetly going to be one of my favorites. I'm downloading this one, that's for sure! :o

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01079 - Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker "Ancient Hero"