OCR01079 - Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker "Ancient Hero"

djpretzel

No video game theme has ever stuck with me harder than The Legend of Zelda. This piece is absolutely incredible. It moves me like no other Zelda theme remix I've ever heard. A masterpiece deserving of high praise.

Like Brinnswf said, I only hope there is more to come for Wind Waker.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I loved it! It is truly magnificiant! I listen to it every day! I find it great for playing FF X. The harp goes so smothly into all of the other instraments...sipmly a piece of musical genius. I love it! Truly a piece of art! The begenning is so soothing, it makes me tired, then the middle it wakes me up. Then, the end makes me sleepy again. It is simply and utterly ideal!

I absolutely love the intro to this piece... It sounds like the start of some epic tale... heh. Very dreamy, flowing sound to start off with. I love the horns used, as well - very filling sound. Great stuff - captured the perfect feel for this genre. Definitely did the original justice - an overall fitting initial submission for a great game!

• 2 weeks later...

When I heard this on the OCR radio, it really stood out from all the other tracks. This is like movie soundtrack quality, and it really captures the essence of the epic tale that is The Legend of Zelda.

This is just beyond praise. I'll be spreading the word to any and every person I know who has (and even doesn't have) an appreciation for the potential of game music. I think this will turn heads and change minds.

Thank you so much for this emotionally powerful remix!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

DarkeSword...you're a genius, man. I don't know where you got all that from, but it's beautiful. A little ditty at the beginning of Wind Waker was taken, crafted, and then perfected all in one fell swoop. You've literally made something out of nothing, and it's a beautiful something. I especially like the harp for the touching beginning and then the triumphant horns come i playing everyone's favorite Zelda theme. Just brilliant. The one thing I'd even come remotely close to getting negative about is at about 3:55 the song resorts back to the harp. This is cool and gives it a sort of faded out ending, but I think it could have been uber-triumphant and ended at 3:54. But hey, the mellow ending is cool too. Yet another kick-ass Zelda remix for the fans. Good jeorb!

• 1 month later...

Darkesword this is the greatest Zelda song I have ever heard reMixed, amazing to no extent the beginning is very peaceful, and the rest is on a grand epic scale I have never seen before

amazing is the word that comes to mind

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really, this piece left me staring into an abyss between dimensions...I saw all sorts of different feelings and emotions come out of this piece...there is both sadness, peace, and an inspiring aspect that allows one to keep faith strong...Indeed, this was a great outlook on the Zelda music, as this piece describes the more serious side of Zelda, as well as its true legend...

• 4 months later...

If there ever was some kind of epic Zelda movie made, this would definitely have to be in it. Every time I hear it, I think of a quiet, peaceful Hyrule until you get to 0:48, when it suddenly seems to be a darker scene. 1:23 brings around this kind of chaos of war... and then it fluctuates throughout, going from peaceful to war-like in a great transitive way. Not a song I even thought would get mixed specifically, but it sure did get mixed well! 'Course, I like anything Zelda and orchestrated; what better combination is there? 10 outta 10!

One of the best on OCR. Applaud this man.

NOW!!!

*claps applaudingly* My work here is done.

• 2 months later...

I LOVE THIS ARRANGEMENT!

One of the best arrangement I've heard musically!

First the harp-ish variation of the folk-ish opening story theme from Zelda: WW, it is really a good work and when the strings starts you feel there's no stopping DarkeSword from making something epic!

And then the horns and timpani drums. Epic was the word.

The most awesome is when the snare starts pumping the millitary beat and the harp comes in once again to assist the choral-voices and the word epic is no longer enough for anyone who played through this game.

Although here's a small weakness. The tams. They seem malplaced but ofcourse they serve their purpose to give some more cruch to the track.

still, maybe they could've been exchanged?

And then the wonderful zelda theme cloured by the most beautiful chords and played (okay not played) on a nice flute sound. Then more horns. This is just to much.

Well, I'be realized I'm just saying exactly what the song is.. sorry.

But it's so good I can't do anything else ;)

Anyways, Download this NOW!

That's how good it is

• 2 months later...

one of the best zelda remixes ever very beautiful.i owen w w i have beat it. dont let the cel shadeing fool you this game rocks it's hard at first but it's all worth it for the games final fight with gannon.last but not least i can't wait for the new zelda t p the best zelda game ever to grace a nintendo

linkwolf

p.s. i remix zelda stuff two

Beautiful remix! I downloaded this a long time ago but never gave it much appreciation because I'd never played the game, but after getting to the part where Medli and Laruto played the harp I rediscovered it when I looked through the Wind Waker mixes. I like the wonderful epic feel to it :) I love Wind Waker! I just beat it yesterday and this mix reminds me pleasantly of it.

• 4 weeks later...

Now that I've finally bitten the bullet, gotten a GameCube and Wind Waker, I can honestly say that the original of this sounded a bit .... thin. As though it wasn't all there. It didn't have the epic feel I'd associate with music defining a legend.

This, on the other hand, most certainly does have that epic feel. There's a certain urgency in it after the Legend of Zelda theme section, the sort I'd associate with the showdown that's being described in the game about this time.

In general, this track feels more full than the original, and that's not a bad thing. Now, if only Darkesword would turn his attentions to that awesomely-Celtic opening theme for Wind Waker :)

Now that I've finally bitten the bullet, gotten a GameCube and Wind Waker, I can honestly say that the original of this sounded a bit .... thin. As though it wasn't all there. It didn't have the epic feel I'd associate with music defining a legend.

This, on the other hand, most certainly does have that epic feel. There's a certain urgency in it after the Legend of Zelda theme section, the sort I'd associate with the showdown that's being described in the game about this time.

In general, this track feels more full than the original, and that's not a bad thing. Now, if only Darkesword would turn his attentions to that awesomely-Celtic opening theme for Wind Waker :)

In defense of the original, it's more of a minstrel's ballad, which is why it doesn't sound as epic. Its suppose to sound more like a fairy tale than an epic legend.

• 2 months later...

There are those who fail to appreciate this kind of music, those whose souls are so tainted by the world and the dark mists of egotism and sensationalism that they have lost the capacity to sense true grandeur. Let them first find the light within themselves, then the wonders that abound shall be manifest.

There are those who fail to appreciate this kind of music, those whose souls are so tainted by the world and the dark mists of egotism and sensationalism that they have lost the capacity to sense true grandeur. Let them first find the light within themselves, then the wonders that abound shall be manifest.

Whoa.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01079 - Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker "Ancient Hero"