OCR01079 - Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker "Ancient Hero"

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...

No words can truly describe the grandeur that is this song - it touches parts of my soul long-dormant. The artist is to be commended for his/her ingenuity! This receives an 11/10 in my book - I listen to it at least two or three times a day. Great job, and keep 'em coming!

I agree with everyone about Wind Waker - I was rigidly opposed to the game because the cell-shading made it look cartoony and stupid. I was outraged at Nintendo for ruining my favorite gaming series. Then, I broke down and got it, and loved every minute of it! Epic, lengthy, and full of memories that will last a lifetime! Great game!

Wow.. just wow..

I actually came out of dormancy to come comment on this song. I haven't posted in this place for years but this song is just so good that I can't help but comment on it.

It is moving, it truly is. I actually downloaded it a while back, and today was searching through some of the fine songs here at OCR when I noticed it sounded .. painlessly familiar. Yes, it does fill the listener with emotion and I (some noob) am here to verify that.

I am one of those people who believe Windwaker was one of the most underrated Zelda games (Just next to Majora's Mask). Once you get past the cell shading, the music is great, and the game is overall great. In all honestly this song doesn't much remind me of it, in fact it has it's own personal relevance.

Very well done.. 10/10 easily. I would say 50/10, but the scale doesn't go that high =P.

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

This is a great song! It stands among the best of all the Zelda remixes on the site. It reminds me both of starting a new Zelda adventure and Pirates of the Cartibbean, oddly enough. It works great and I don't imagine I'll stop listening to this piece for a long time to come. The build up, the transitions...the everything. This sounds like it's coming right out of a symphony orchestra. Having the main theme show through for only that little bit is really a highlight to me, as well.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
There are those who fail to appreciate this kind of music, those whose souls are so tainted by the world and the dark mists of egotism and sensationalism that they have lost the capacity to sense true grandeur. Let them first find the light within themselves, then the wonders that abound shall be manifest.

Amazing the power of music to inspire such poetry.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Someone made an ....interesting TF2 video to this...

Mein Gott! :shock:

That is..

Wow...

Words...

they fail me.

My mind is blown. One of the most amazing things in quite a while.

Aside from the fact that I will forever have WindWaker and Team Fortress 2 forever linked in my mind, this is an amazing piece; its so melody driven. It definitely feels like the theme to some ancient forgotten lore, highly grandiose, equal parts orchestral and medieval, with a great sense of destiny. This is a really beautiful piece.

p.s. Bonk! :3

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow.

To get chills not even a minute into a piece... it's incredible. DS really knows his way around the orchestra, and I absolutely LOVE his work. He always seems to have a remix of something from every game that i love, and this piece does not disappoint.

• 2 months later...

Great reverb on the opening harp, gotta let me know what you are using there, dude!

For presumably all free samples, this all sounds pretty nice, even the choir. :-)

The arrangement is classy and nuanced, with tasteful additions, and everything done here has a distinct place in the mix. The pacing is strong, and everything is melodically interesting, with good dynamics.

Good stuff Shariq, now about hooking me up with that reverb... ;-)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01079 - Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker "Ancient Hero"