Turtles in Time Remake

Nekofrog

I just remembered something from my childhood here:

"Teenager Mutant Ninja Turtles MY ASS...!" - Our Grandma.

We never did figure out exactly what part of that title she had a problem with, but its a funny story we always tell.

Ah, gotta love grammas.

And those of you who haven't seen the old woman airbag video, youtube it.

WHAT? You can't call yourself a gamer without having played turtles in time... WTF

You can't call yourself a gamer unless you've beaten Super Mario Bros. That is the MINIMUM requirement. Nothing in video games you've ever done counts unless you've met this prerequisite. Yes, that include your remixes.

I may have to fire up my SNES. Donatello = teh win.

P.S. >> TMNT 2 Shredder = Dr. Pierre Chang

You can't call yourself a gamer unless you've beaten Super Mario Bros. That is the MINIMUM requirement. Nothing in video games you've ever done counts unless you've met this prerequisite. Yes, that include your remixes.

I may have to fire up my SNES. Donatello = teh win.

P.S. >> TMNT 2 Shredder = Dr. Pierre Chang

Except that Super Shredder was the wrestler Kevin Nash, aka Diesel.

why

the NES was hardly the first game console and it's far from the last

Looking at the screenshots from the first page, this looks like it's going to be a 2.5D remake and not a full 3D remake. I think that is way better considering the original format.

Also, I seem to remember that the arcade version had mini-bosses that weren't included in the home (SNES) version. (I think there was a giant mud monster in the 65,000,000 B.C. stage among others.)

• 5 weeks later...

Thought I'd give this a slight bump since they've finally released a few short vids of this beast.

It looks pretty nice I think, and definitely captures the frenetic feel of all the action going on onscreen. Still, I'm a bit of a purist so I was a bit caught off guard with the 3D look of it. But the 2D gameplay seems to have stayed, so that's good. Regardless, its looking pretty slick right now. Definitely will check it out when it releases.