Terra's Theme from FFVI (FFIII to some)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KpHJVmkQ-A

I made this shortly before I found out about this site.

I know it's kinda short, but this is actually 2 pieces of music merged together, So I guess this qualifies as my first ReMix.

If you listen close, the final fantasy prelude arpeggios are playing in the background.

The arpeggios were meant to be subtle and not drown out the main theme.

It's a bit rough, but I hear some potential. You pretty much need more content. The piece should be longer with several sections shifting to and from new instruments and percussion. Adding dynamic range always helps as well as build-ups and other standard musical fare.

Thanks.

I was literally just screwing off when I made this.

it took about 2 hours to make.

I'm not sure what to do with percussion. Im not even sure if it's necessary as it is a very sedentary piece.

If figure I'll make the music a bit more progressive. And maybe work it's way to marchiing drum beat like in the original.

The sound is terrible, but the arrangement is kind'a interesting. The change in note placement definitely sets it apart from other Terra remixes.

Can't promise this will be worth submitting at some point, but it's definitely worth developing. it's also a great track to hone your skills on, as there are a lot of remixes of it that you can compare it with, hear what other people did with their ideas for it and get inspired to realize your ideas for it.

If not a ReMix candidate, it's at least a good training track. You've already shown you don't just take a midi and change instruments and add drums. Now, learn production skills, like volume mixing and EQ. I wish you luck. :D

The sound is terrible, but the arrangement is kind'a interesting. The change in note placement definitely sets it apart from other Terra remixes.

Can't promise this will be worth submitting at some point, but it's definitely worth developing. it's also a great track to hone your skills on, as there are a lot of remixes of it that you can compare it with, hear what other people did with their ideas for it and get inspired to realize your ideas for it.

If not a ReMix candidate, it's at least a good training track. You've already shown you don't just take a midi and change instruments and add drums. Now, learn production skills, like volume mixing and EQ. I wish you luck. :D

I lost alot of sound quality during youtube uploading.

If I can find the original I'll post it.

It's not that. Youtube compresses the file size, so the really high frequencies are lost when the sample resolution is lower. It means the track loses a bit of definition and clarity. It doesn't mean volume change, EQ, reverb, stuff like that. Well mixed stuff still sound well mixed in lower quality.

Nice try, tho. ;)

Found the original

http://ocrwip.fireslash.net/?fid=130

Here is an example of on of my solo works

this wanst even mixed, the drums were too loud. but it was just 2 instruments plugged into a sound card while the webacm was recording.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting arrangement. I like the instrumentation. The guitar sound is not good, otherwise it's passable for me. Recording quality is quite lo-fi, yeah. It sort of adds to the charm, but that's possibly just me. :)

The change in note placement definitely sets it apart from other Terra remixes.

It doesn't sound 100% deliberate (maybe I'm just too used to the original), but if it was played to the max that could end up great.

--Eino

Interesting arrangement. I like the instrumentation. The guitar sound is not good, otherwise it's passable for me. Recording quality is quite lo-fi, yeah. It sort of adds to the charm, but that's possibly just me. :)

It doesn't sound 100% deliberate (maybe I'm just too used to the original), but if it was played to the max that could end up great.

--Eino

You are referring to the key changes during the middle of the song right?

No, I mean (I just figured it out) that you start each melodic phrase on the first beat of the bar, when in the original they begin before it, in the previous bar. I hope you get what I mean. Was this deliberate?

It could work but it sounds a bit awkward now, the rhythm of the melody could use some altering (make the seventh note earlier for instance).

I'm not as clear as I'd like to be but hope that helps anyway. :) And btw I'm still enjoying the sound, the flute & violin sound mellotron-like.

--Eino

Hehe, a little patience.. :) It's only been a day. Anyway, I've thought it's been cool to see you post so many pieces, it shows you're really working on music. I haven't listened to this one yet but I will.

--Eino

This one is older, I made it prior to finding out about this site